NG has changed and im probably quitting.

xo1236

Ok so, ive been in this community (or NetherGames to be more specific) for about 2 years. I started here in 2018 and the server has changed a lot since then. I used to play a lot of murder mystery until this year 2020, where i started playing Bedwars. I grinded and i have aboout 5+kdr now and im a diamond tier. Up until recently, NG has changed once again. they added new maps which IMO, they suck. I will still credit the builders for making them but ngl, i dont really like them. I understand that NG is having legal restrictions to the maps but, why cant you just make your own edit of the maps in hypixel? I understand if u cant also do that but please NG, keep some of the maps atleast or make new maps related or inspired by the old ones. Also, the lag is sometimes unbearable. I cant PVP in the lag, or players will completely stop moving in my screen. Yes it may sometimes be my wifi, but most of the time, the whole server lags and we have like above 300 ping. Some of the players i play with even have to take a break from playing bc of the lag. I will still commend the server, for less hackers these days, even tho they can still hack, i barely get any hackers. I also have a complain for how glitchy the server is. Not related to lag, but sometimes when i disconnect, my stats reset. (good thing my tier never reset but im talking about recent activity i have done.) Like, the pumpkin hunt, (good thing i still have the cape) i got glitched out of my guild, and many more. One thing that happened that glitched yesterday was when we were playing bedwars and the server was suddenly restarting. We did not think anything of it until we went back to the lobby and the guild i was in disbanded bc of the restart glitch. I mean SERIOUSLY NG? Why would you do that and delete all of the hard work that our guild has done? My friend (owner of the guild) isnt even gonna make a new one bc they know what will happen again. No im not speaking for myself but for everyone whos guild was disbanded during the glitch. Even worse, is that this isnt the first time this happened. This happened also like a month ago and a lot of guilds were disbanded. Now, i wanna talk about the toxicity. So far, i havent been in a situation where someone was really toxic to me during a game. But the way the staff is, is not it for me. Thats all im gonna say bc i dont wanna be involved with what ever is happening inside NG. Although im saying all of this, i still cherish the times ive played here and had fun with my friends. I dont think i am quitting yet but i just think this had to be said bc i probably wont be that active anymore in this server. I still adore the hardwork put into making this server tho. I just think that this server still needs to improve. I hope that the update hopefully changes lmao. Thanks for reading. I'll still be active.

Reactions: XBotMasterX9364

ChillCarrot21

why cant you just make your own edit of the maps in hypixel?
Well thats like plagiarizing a paragraph into an essay but changing the words to its synonyms.
They’re currently working really hard on the maps and fixing all the complaints to make them the best for players. All it takes is time. Other than that, if you do leave we’ll all miss you :{ <3

Reactions: XxTrevorDxX

xo1236

Well thats like plagiarizing a paragraph into an essay but changing the words to its synonyms.
Well yes i understand that, but you can also make maps related/inspired to the ones. You can also credit hypixel in a way that players will know where the original came from. Thank you for your insights though. I really credit the builders for trying their best to fix this.

BeadyFeather586

Yes, I think a good idea will be inspire the maps from hypixel. Recently there has been a lot of controversy over the maps and I have the solution. A map build contest. YOU will be able to CREATE your own map, publish it, (maybe remove suspecious details to prevent unfair advantage) and the best ones would be added into the game. By that way, everyone will be happy and no money is spent and NG can work on more useful things.

xo1236

Yes, I think a good idea will be inspire the maps from hypixel. Recently there has been a lot of controversy over the maps and I have the solution. A map build contest. YOU will be able to CREATE your own map, publish it, (maybe remove suspecious details to prevent unfair advantage) and the best ones would be added into the game. By that way, everyone will be happy and no money is spent and NG can work on more useful things.
Yes! I agree to this idea. Thanks a lot.

XxTrevorDxX

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Reports Division

Ok so, ive been in this community (or NetherGames to be more specific) for about 2 years. I started here in 2018 and the server has changed a lot since then. I used to play a lot of murder mystery until this year 2020, where i started playing Bedwars. I grinded and i have aboout 5+kdr now and im a diamond tier. Up until recently, NG has changed once again. they added new maps which IMO, they suck. I will still credit the builders for making them but ngl, i dont really like them. I understand that NG is having legal restrictions to the maps but, why cant you just make your own edit of the maps in hypixel? I understand if u cant also do that but please NG, keep some of the maps atleast or make new maps related or inspired by the old ones. Also, the lag is sometimes unbearable. I cant PVP in the lag, or players will completely stop moving in my screen. Yes it may sometimes be my wifi, but most of the time, the whole server lags and we have like above 300 ping. Some of the players i play with even have to take a break from playing bc of the lag. I will still commend the server, for less hackers these days, even tho they can still hack, i barely get any hackers. I also have a complain for how glitchy the server is. Not related to lag, but sometimes when i disconnect, my stats reset. (good thing my tier never reset but im talking about recent activity i have done.) Like, the pumpkin hunt, (good thing i still have the cape) i got glitched out of my guild, and many more. One thing that happened that glitched yesterday was when we were playing bedwars and the server was suddenly restarting. We did not think anything of it until we went back to the lobby and the guild i was in disbanded bc of the restart glitch. I mean SERIOUSLY NG? Why would you do that and delete all of the hard work that our guild has done? My friend (owner of the guild) isnt even gonna make a new one bc they know what will happen again. No im not speaking for myself but for everyone whos guild was disbanded during the glitch. Even worse, is that this isnt the first time this happened. This happened also like a month ago and a lot of guilds were disbanded. Now, i wanna talk about the toxicity. So far, i havent been in a situation where someone was really toxic to me during a game. But the way the staff is, is not it for me. Thats all im gonna say bc i dont wanna be involved with what ever is happening inside NG. Although im saying all of this, i still cherish the times ive played here and had fun with my friends. I dont think i am quitting yet but i just think this had to be said bc i probably wont be that active anymore in this server. I still adore the hardwork put into making this server tho. I just think that this server still needs to improve. I hope that the update hopefully changes lmao. Thanks for reading. I'll still be active.
Although I do agree with a good portion of this, some of the replies suggest that we make our own hypixel-inspired maps. While this would probably help with the issue regarding players wanting the old maps back, it would defeat the purpose of this break away from the hypixel maps.

I’m not completely sure of the reasoning for this update (seeing as it wasn’t specified to us staff members any more than it was to regular players), but I’m assuming it has to do with our attempt to become a featured server. Don’t quote me on that, I may be wrong. If we’re going to become a featured server, we should offer something that other servers don’t.

While including maps/gamemodes originating on other servers may be fun for the players, it would likely not count as anything original, or show anything different from other the servers.

Again, don’t quote me on that, I’m probably wrong. If not, the is likely only half of the reason for this update.

LargeKnome

“it has to do with our attempt to become a featured server.” -XxTrevorDxX 2020
This is taken out of context, and false. The point of the update was to remove the maps which were prohibited by legal restrictions, and does not have anything to do with the baseless claims that we are attempting to be a featured. Also, the FULL QUOTE is as follows:
"I’m not completely sure of the reasoning for this update (seeing as it wasn’t specified to us staff members any more than it was to regular players), but I’m assuming it has to do with our attempt to become a featured server. Don’t quote me on that, I may be wrong. If we’re going to become a featured server, we should offer something that other servers don’t."
This demonstrates the rather uncertain and confusing nature of this issue.

Nubmaster69

This is taken out of context, and false. The point of the update was to remove the maps which were prohibited by legal restrictions, and does not have anything to do with the baseless claims that we are attempting to be a featured. Also, the FULL QUOTE is as follows:
"I’m not completely sure of the reasoning for this update (seeing as it wasn’t specified to us staff members any more than it was to regular players), but I’m assuming it has to do with our attempt to become a featured server. Don’t quote me on that, I may be wrong. If we’re going to become a featured server, we should offer something that other servers don’t."
This demonstrates the rather uncertain and confusing nature of this issue.
It was a joke because he said don’t quote me on that and I quoted him on that

Haters like you just gotta keep hating on nethergames smh

Ok I totally respect your decision, and he/she has a point. The maps are way worse than it used to be (sorry if this offends anyone) and I find it VERY out of proportion because I saw the futuristic map and once I spawned in there was like a big wall in front of my base. It’s the exact opposite with the map fast food, it is very flat and it looks more like a desert.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks