Player Support Department
Applications Department
Appeals & Disputes Division
Reports Division

Jul 1, 2017
Australia
keithos.me
Hello everyone,

I'm glad to announce that we're launching a new proxy server today in the Asia-Pacific region!

This new proxy server is hosted in Singapore and should be able to better cater to players located in Asia and Oceania.

To use the new proxy server - if you're already connecting using the main IP play.nethergames.org, you don't need to do anything. You'll be automatically routed to the proxy server that is the closest to you. However, if you like connecting using direct IPs, you can use ap.nethergames.org to connect to the new proxy.

Something that I need to stress is that this is a 1 month trial. If the experience for players ideally connected to the new proxy server is the same as connecting to the original two proxies (EU and US), we may consider cancelling this proxy due to the increased running cost. Hosting such a powerful node server in this region does not come cheap as bandwidth is quite expensive.

Hopefully our friends in Asia and Oceania will see their experience on NetherGames improve a little!

SG5703

Apr 4, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm glad to announce that we're launching a new proxy server today in the Asia-Pacific region!

This new proxy server is hosted in Singapore and should be able to better cater to players located in Asia and Oceania.

To use the new proxy server - if you're already connecting using the main IP play.nethergames.org, you don't need to do anything. You'll be automatically routed to the proxy server that is the closest to you. However, if you like connecting using direct IPs, you can use ap.nethergames.org to connect to the new proxy.

Something that I need to stress is that this is a 1 month trial. If the experience for players ideally connected to the new proxy server is the same as connecting to the original two proxies (EU and US), we may consider cancelling this proxy due to the increased running cost. Hosting such a powerful node server in this region does not come cheap as bandwidth is quite expensive.

Hopefully our friends in Asia and Oceania will see their experience on NetherGames improve a little!
Thanks a lot, this makes my ping lower, now my ping was average under 250 ms.. That's good enough for me, if I'm in the Europe server, I get like almost 1000 ms and almost reached 12000+ ms. Idk how that happen, but this really helps me and my friend a lot. Thanks again...

Reactions: BlackMaximus280

NiccD

Mar 22, 2020
Thank you so much, all the asian people (like me) really appreciates this :D

Ps Danew

Mar 31, 2018
Canada
Hello everyone,

Good

SUERYETO

Apr 3, 2020
This is very helpful for Asian players like me. Thanks very much!

CommandoChris12

May 4, 2020
Yeah same for me all the way in Oceania, where I kinda lag a lot. :p

Support Us

NetherGames is a community-based Minecraft server network that operates a large amount of in-game servers and online websites for our users. The majority of our staff members are dedicated volunteers who put their valuable time and effort into the server everyday for free. We rely on displaying advertisements, donations and earnings from purchases to keep our services running.

If you want to keep driving & supporting our team and the network forward, please buy a rank or donate now.

Advertisement

Join our Discord Server

Like us on Facebook

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks