My issues with NetherGames and some ideas for server improvement

Hello to the 7 people who will see this, my name is NeulingGames (Yes, very coincidental with the server's title, I came up with it before being aware that NG exists lol). I really enjoy playing on the NetherGames Network and play all the great minigames that developers has blessed us. But as much as I like it, there is still some issues that I would like to directly address the server's management.

First, a very important bug that I've noticed is how normal kills in Bedwars do not count towards your kill count displayed in /stats. Only final kills count for some reason. This heavily understates how players perform in their matches and how good they actually are.

Second, hacking. I know that in Tobias's recent posts, he had mentioned how hard it is to develop anti-cheat systems, so why not take a leaf out of Hypixel's book and implement the Atlas feature? For those of you who don't know, Hypixel Atlas is basically a replay of a match where there might be a suspect who is hacking. After watching the performance of the suspect, the player watching the game can decide if this player is hacking or there is not enough evidence. Since NG had already developed the replay feature, they can use that to make the players judge whether or not a player is cheating. Heck, NG can make a role called "Watchers" or "Judge" who goes on the Atlas to look through the hacker replays.

It will also be easier to do an overhaul of the reporting system. Instead of very specific reportable offenses in the first page, the page could use some categorizing. Devs can add anything other server breaking offenses that they wish to add.
  • Hacking
    • Flying
    • Bridging
    • Beehopping
    • Autoclicking
    • Speed
    • Kill Aura
    • Haste
    • Duping
    • Other
  • Behavior
    • Trolling
    • Inappropriate Build
    • Teaming
    • AFK (more on that later)
  • Language
    • Cursing
    • Threatening
    • Taunting
    • Spamming
    • Advertising
  • Others
    • Kill Farming
    • NSFW
    • Griefing
    • Bug Abusing
    • Server Crashing
    • Scamming
    • IP Tracking
    • DDos
    • False Reporting/Spam Reporting
But that still isn't enough. Reporting doesn't really give any incentives to encourage the players to do so. To solve this, NG can give a couple credits for or a key for every valid hacker that they report. Only side effect to this is that there might be more false reports, false bans or making a hassle on Trainees to go through, but if NG could but the effort to it, the toxic community will deteriorate.

Notice how I had added a Language section although the chat is filtered? That is yet another issue with NG. Yes, I know that this is a debated topic, but sometimes, when I want to communicate with teammates, I couldn't say "Get those Final Kills" or "xXShrekEnjoyer419Xx is the killer". I am aware that MInecraft is a game for 9-14 year-old children, some of which has more toxicity than other games like LoL or CoD, but that is why I added Language as a reportable offense. I know that removing the filter wouldn't make my ping better or make my map load faster, but surely it can make the server's stress go down with less necessary need of plug-ins.

The NetherGames Website feels disorganized. For example, when I have to type ngmc.co/a to check stats, it would be nice to have it on the main NetherGames website or at least a list of URLs. Typing ngmc.co would automatically put you in the forums website and not the portal website. There are also a ton of hidden URLs that NG don't put on their main pages. The website structure requires some much needed UI cleanup, and easier for the community to use.

Keys are way too rare for what it worth. I have played NG for a while now, but I only got 5-6 keys. I have no idea how NG gives you keys, but to most players, it all seems like a RNG. And when you actually get a key, it wasn't even a cosmetic that I want. The Navy pants look incredibly ugly with my skin and sometimes I want to trade it out for something else, like a Blue hat or a NG Cape. Here's some of my thoughts on how to rework the key/cosmetics system.

• Add Rarity to all the Cosmetics. (You know, the one that all MMORPG server use: Common/Uncommon/Rare/Epic/Legendary, maybe Mythic or Special)
  • Add Rarity to keys. Same Rarities as above. Only keys of a certain rarity can open a cosmetic of that rarity. For example, common keys cannot give you a Rare Cosmetics. Each key has their own drop chance when NG decides to give you one. (35%/25%/17%/13%/10% accordingly to each rarity, ratio could be shifted by devs to their desire)
  • Add Key Inventory, which itemizes the amount of each rarity of keys you have. Can be added to Cosmetics Menu.
  • Increase chances of obtaining keys. Maybe up to a 7% chance of getting a key for each win in any minigame.
  • Add Reforge/Re-roll system, where people can trade in cosmetics for other cosmetics. This could go two ways, one is to use multiple cosmetics of a lower tier for one cosmetic of a higher tier where you can pick what cosmetic you want as a result. The other is to use a singular cosmetic to trade in for another cosmetic of the same tier, but it will give you a random cosmetic instead of a selected one. To prevent players from rerolling too often, a player needs to spend credits or a new form of currency called reroll points gained from playing minigames to reforge/reroll.
  • Add Cosmetic Trial Time where players can try out new cosmetics for a limited amount of games, so they know which ones they liked and which ones they don't. This encourages player to reroll and get cosmetics that they wanted.

My final rant about NG is how credits were given. Think about it: 5000 credits for a Silver Rank. Since Credits are reset every 6 months, you have to gain 5000/30/6=28 (Roughly) credits per day. In a normal bedwars game, you get 2 credits for a win, 1 for each final kill, and 3 for breaking a bed. If I were to execute a perfect match where I break 1 bed, get 1 final kills and win, I can only get 6 points. You have to play at least 5 perfect matches a day to get to the bare minimum of a Silver Rank, and the majority of us spends our time in school, so I'm assuming you can only play on Friday+Weekends. That means if you really want the rank, you need to play at least 5x7/3=12 (Roughly) perfect games per day in the weekends. But the not everyone can win or pop off every match: There might be a godbridger, a hacker, a rusher... so many things can go wrong in a bedwars game for so little amount of credits is simply not worth it to grind for a Silver Rank that only gives you some bragging rights and a different color of text. NG should either raise the amount of credits given or just lowering the standards for a ranks. Perhaps changing the tiers to 2500/5000/7500/10000/15000 would be more reasonable.

Wow, that's a lot of suggestions! I really hoped that NG agrees with what I think, and if Tobias or other mods see this thread, they could add it to NetherGames. All in all, NetherGames is a great place, but the server could really use some Quality of Life changes to attract more players and keep the server alive!

Thanks for listening to my suggestion forum post,

NeulingGames, Signing off.

xMqchii

Very well written and structured, and the suggestions are pretty neat! I will have to agree with you that they should add the normal kills to your kdr (as well as normal deaths), and maybe add fkdr along as well.

Something that I would like to point out though, is that keys aren't super rare? If you do the math, you can grind duels and there's a 1/5 chance of dropping. I get a lot of keys from an hour of grinding duels, so it's just probably unluckiness.

I also really like the idea of adding rarity to keys and other cosmetics. This also shows how much dedication you put into playing ng's minigames, and so forth.

Ng's credit system was more of a system to see your dedication towards the server. I got gold last update, and just barely. It showed that I actually grinded and how people want that tag next to your name (if u have the time and is a no life like me ._. jkjk lmfao). Overall, credits shouldn't change since it shows that you're dedicated to the server.

The reporting system should change as you said, the categories are pretty neat!

Very well written and structured, and the suggestions are pretty neat! I will have to agree with you that they should add the normal kills to your kdr (as well as normal deaths), and maybe add fkdr along as well.

Something that I would like to point out though, is that keys aren't super rare? If you do the math, you can grind duels and there's a 1/5 chance of dropping. I get a lot of keys from an hour of grinding duels, so it's just probably unluckiness.

I also really like the idea of adding rarity to keys and other cosmetics. This also shows how much dedication you put into playing ng's minigames, and so forth.

Ng's credit system was more of a system to see your dedication towards the server. I got gold last update, and just barely. It showed that I actually grinded and how people want that tag next to your name (if u have the time and is a no life like me ._. jkjk lmfao). Overall, credits shouldn't change since it shows that you're dedicated to the server.

The reporting system should change as you said, the categories are pretty neat!
Thanks! I also have some other ideas but hey aren't very structured yet, maybe ill write another one in the near future

PiggyPlex

Developer
Staff member
Developer

Hiya - great post and great propositions/ideas too!
Whilst the majority of the content makes sense, I'd also like to outline a couple issues with the ideas. Feel free to reply with some solutions!

For one, the report menu is intentionally simple. At first glance for moderators, it can be confusing what the player was reported for. However, our staff team is well-trained and able to pick up cheats quickly. Staff tend to reports carefully, watching the player for a while before moving on or taking action. While a more clear system for what the player was using could be implemented, it would also be confusing and could prevent reports from being submitted. For example, not all players know about key terms - and could be confused about which category they should report to. This could spread misinformation and more confusion among the moderation team (Crew & Trainee), who may be looking for a different type of cheat than stated in the report.

As for the Atlas feature, it is very hard to get community-collected data for punishments. The reason why NetherGames has a Trainee position is for staff members to specifically learn how to gather evidence and to learn about different cheats and how to identify them.
As Bedrock Edition is cross-platform, it makes it especially difficult to detect cheats. In a game like Rainbow 6 Siege, it is very easy to detect if someone is using Aimbot, for example, as they are physically not looking at the player.
On Pocket Edition, many players may use a cellular, slower, connection. Other people may also have slower connection/higher ping to the server, making movement and/or hits look "suspicious", despite being legit.
Furthermore, detecting cheats like reach, hitboxes, velocity, scaffold and aimbot is especially difficult, as some players intentionally work on learning to bridge as fast as possible in ways that look unusual to an untrained player (like forwards diagonal inclined godbridging, also known as "ben miller bridging"). Other examples include W tapping, which appears to the player who is being comboed as reach.
This is the main reason why the trainee role exists. Having the community detect blatant cheats such as fly and killaura could be beneficial but would migrate (development and infrastructural) resources from being used elsewhere to develop an entirely new system.

Credit/XP rewards for successful reports could be rewarding. A possible solution would be to punish those who submit false reports. That being said, it seems unfair to punish players in the traditional sense (i.e. temp banning them) for submitting false reports - especially if they legitimately thought that the opponent was cheating.
A possible solution could be to work up a warning system - where if you got too many warnings for false reports in a period of time, you would be banned, for say, a week. This would prevent abuse, but is a strain on the development and moderation team - as creating this system and siphoning through a new set of warnings would create extra work.
Credits and XP were also intended to reward players for playing (i.e. games played) and for playing well (i.e. lots of kills in a game). For this reason, I don't think it would be justified to award these to players for something outside of a game. Instead, I would like to suggest awarding cosmetic crate keys for a large number of successful reports.

"I know that removing the filter wouldn't make my ping better or make my map load faster, but surely it can make the server's stress go down with less necessary need of plug-ins."
The filter exists because of a few bad actors who ruin it for the majority. Disabling it would create more work for the staff team to moderate chat - when they should be focused on those doing greater harm or investigating cheaters. The chat filter is intended to prevent low-level bad actors from abusing chat.
As for "stress" on the server, the chat filter is negligible if not zero in terms of performance loss.
We are aware about words such as "kill" being used in legitimate contexts, however they have also been used outside of these contexts. To prevent this, NetherGames blocks the word entirely on the network.

"The NetherGames Website feels disorganized. For example, when I have to type ngmc.co/a to check stats, it would be nice to have it on the main NetherGames website or at least a list of URLs. Typing ngmc.co would automatically put you in the forums website and not the portal website. There are also a ton of hidden URLs that NG don't put on their main pages. The website structure requires some much needed UI cleanup, and easier for the community to use."
I strongly agree here. That being said, the forum is powered by Xenforo - software not developed by us. This means that we have very little customisability over the forum site.
In the past, we had a main site with hyperlinks to our other sites, such as the forum, helpdesk, status page, and store. As we found that the main site was being used very little and came out cryptic to people who found the site via search, it was removed.
The portal aims to unify some services. That being said, the forum site has to run on different infrastructure than, say, the portal site - which serves static pages using APIs to fill data. This can be compared to the store, which has to have a server-side component - or, the helpdesk, which has to be an easy-to-edit CMS. This means that, for multiple reasons, we cannot merge our sites into one without a large technical rehaul. This is both expensive and time-consuming and would require us to create unnecessary solutions for our functional services.
The ngmc.co domain is reserved for short URLs. Short URLs are simply shorter, more memorable redirects to our main sites and services. For this reason, they are not publicly listed, as there is no need to. All sites can be accessed without short URLs - short URLs are only a way for us to easily communicate, for example, how to appeal a (un)justified punishment.

I like pretty much all of the cosmetic/key/crate suggestions, however, I don't think that keys should be more common. I feel like you are meant to "grind" for them - thus, they are only awarded on a small fraction of wins. In my time playing, I believe that they are proportional to the number of wins you get.

NetherGames credits are specifically hard to reach, however, some say that tiers are too hard to reach.
As tiers directly give perks from purchasable ranks, they cannot be too common - or else the store wouldn't exist. They need to be difficult to reach on purpose both so that tiers are not too common across the server but also to only reward those who play a significant amount more than others.
After seeing highly skilled players achieve tiers in only a matter of days, it is possible to gain ranks quickly if you do play a lot. That is the way it is intended to work. Credits could be given a little more leniently, or tiers could have more forgiving requirements. But at the end of the day, tiers are meant for top-level dedicated players to flex and get cool perks to reward them for playing for so long.

If you have any follow-up questions or concerns, or maybe you have a solution to address some of my questions and concerns, please reply to this thread.

PiggyPlex

Loved2181

Hey I like your ideas and they key system is pretty cracked that like some times you t t keys and some you dont. Anne sometimes ur kills don't happens to me a lot like my friends get no kills but I do when i m the party leader

Whilst the majority of the content makes sense, I'd also like to outline a couple issues with the ideas. Feel free to reply with some solutions!

For one, the report menu is intentionally simple. At first glance for moderators, it can be confusing what the player was reported for. However, our staff team is well-trained and able to pick up cheats quickly. Staff tend to reports carefully, watching the player for a while before moving on or taking action. While a more clear system for what the player was using could be implemented, it would also be confusing and could prevent reports from being submitted. For example, not all players know about key terms - and could be confused about which category they should report to. This could spread misinformation and more confusion among the moderation team (Crew & Trainee), who may be looking for a different type of cheat than stated in the report.

As for the Atlas feature, it is very hard to get community-collected data for punishments. The reason why NetherGames has a Trainee position is for staff members to specifically learn how to gather evidence and to learn about different cheats and how to identify them.
As Bedrock Edition is cross-platform, it makes it especially difficult to detect cheats. In a game like Rainbow 6 Siege, it is very easy to detect if someone is using Aimbot, for example, as they are physically not looking at the player.
On Pocket Edition, many players may use a cellular, slower, connection. Other people may also have slower connection/higher ping to the server, making movement and/or hits look "suspicious", despite being legit.
Furthermore, detecting cheats like reach, hitboxes, velocity, scaffold and aimbot is especially difficult, as some players intentionally work on learning to bridge as fast as possible in ways that look unusual to an untrained player (like forwards diagonal inclined godbridging, also known as "ben miller bridging"). Other examples include W tapping, which appears to the player who is being comboed as reach.
This is the main reason why the trainee role exists. Having the community detect blatant cheats such as fly and killaura could be beneficial but would migrate (development and infrastructural) resources from being used elsewhere to develop an entirely new system.

Credit/XP rewards for successful reports could be rewarding. A possible solution would be to punish those who submit false reports. That being said, it seems unfair to punish players in the traditional sense (i.e. temp banning them) for submitting false reports - especially if they legitimately thought that the opponent was cheating.
A possible solution could be to work up a warning system - where if you got too many warnings for false reports in a period of time, you would be banned, for say, a week. This would prevent abuse, but is a strain on the development and moderation team - as creating this system and siphoning through a new set of warnings would create extra work.
Credits and XP were also intended to reward players for playing (i.e. games played) and for playing well (i.e. lots of kills in a game). For this reason, I don't think it would be justified to award these to players for something outside of a game. Instead, I would like to suggest awarding cosmetic crate keys for a large number of successful reports.

"I know that removing the filter wouldn't make my ping better or make my map load faster, but surely it can make the server's stress go down with less necessary need of plug-ins."
The filter exists because of a few bad actors who ruin it for the majority. Disabling it would create more work for the staff team to moderate chat - when they should be focused on those doing greater harm or investigating cheaters. The chat filter is intended to prevent low-level bad actors from abusing chat.
As for "stress" on the server, the chat filter is negligible if not zero in terms of performance loss.
We are aware about words such as "kill" being used in legitimate contexts, however they have also been used outside of these contexts. To prevent this, NetherGames blocks the word entirely on the network.

"The NetherGames Website feels disorganized. For example, when I have to type ngmc.co/a to check stats, it would be nice to have it on the main NetherGames website or at least a list of URLs. Typing ngmc.co would automatically put you in the forums website and not the portal website. There are also a ton of hidden URLs that NG don't put on their main pages. The website structure requires some much needed UI cleanup, and easier for the community to use."
I strongly agree here. That being said, the forum is powered by Xenforo - software not developed by us. This means that we have very little customisability over the forum site.
In the past, we had a main site with hyperlinks to our other sites, such as the forum, helpdesk, status page, and store. As we found that the main site was being used very little and came out cryptic to people who found the site via search, it was removed.
The portal aims to unify some services. That being said, the forum site has to run on different infrastructure than, say, the portal site - which serves static pages using APIs to fill data. This can be compared to the store, which has to have a server-side component - or, the helpdesk, which has to be an easy-to-edit CMS. This means that, for multiple reasons, we cannot merge our sites into one without a large technical rehaul. This is both expensive and time-consuming and would require us to create unnecessary solutions for our functional services.
The ngmc.co domain is reserved for short URLs. Short URLs are simply shorter, more memorable redirects to our main sites and services. For this reason, they are not publicly listed, as there is no need to. All sites can be accessed without short URLs - short URLs are only a way for us to easily communicate, for example, how to appeal a (un)justified punishment.

I like pretty much all of the cosmetic/key/crate suggestions, however, I don't think that keys should be more common. I feel like you are meant to "grind" for them - thus, they are only awarded on a small fraction of wins. In my time playing, I believe that they are proportional to the number of wins you get.

NetherGames credits are specifically hard to reach, however, some say that tiers are too hard to reach.
As tiers directly give perks from purchasable ranks, they cannot be too common - or else the store wouldn't exist. They need to be difficult to reach on purpose both so that tiers are not too common across the server but also to only reward those who play a significant amount more than others.
After seeing highly skilled players achieve tiers in only a matter of days, it is possible to gain ranks quickly if you do play a lot. That is the way it is intended to work. Credits could be given a little more leniently, or tiers could have more forgiving requirements. But at the end of the day, tiers are meant for top-level dedicated players to flex and get cool perks to reward them for playing for so long.

If you have any follow-up questions or concerns, or maybe you have a solution to address some of my questions and concerns, please reply to this thread.

PiggyPlex
Wow, a dev saw my post! I am amazed!
I can follow up with everything that you've said about why NG wouldn't be able to add into the server, to which I say, understandable, have a nice day.

But now that I've pointed out some potential problems, I'm thinking that maybe NG could find workarounds to these issues! I know how little people really know how hard it is for server developers to take in their suggestions, especially on Bedrock where, to a certain extent, is easier said than done. I'm fine if my ideas don't make the cut, but I just think that this is a "Hey, what if we add xxx? It'll be cool!"

Don't take this as a insult, but I'm really glad to know what the dev team can or cannot do. I'm not saying that devs aren't smart, since basically everyone in the MCBE community doesn't know how to run a server (me included), what I mean is that I'm glad to see a bit of transparency of the team so we know what we can expect from the future.

Though I can't say I have solutions to the new problems, what I can say is that if the dev team is clear on what specifically they wanted to do, NetherGames will be in good hands.

NeulingGames

Reactions: RedPikNik
Hello to the 7 people who will see this, my name is NeulingGames (Yes, very coincidental with the server's title, I came up with it before being aware that NG exists lol). I really enjoy playing on the NetherGames Network and play all the great minigames that developers has blessed us. But as much as I like it, there is still some issues that I would like to directly address the server's management.

First, a very important bug that I've noticed is how normal kills in Bedwars do not count towards your kill count displayed in /stats. Only final kills count for some reason. This heavily understates how players perform in their matches and how good they actually are.

Second, hacking. I know that in Tobias's recent posts, he had mentioned how hard it is to develop anti-cheat systems, so why not take a leaf out of Hypixel's book and implement the Atlas feature? For those of you who don't know, Hypixel Atlas is basically a replay of a match where there might be a suspect who is hacking. After watching the performance of the suspect, the player watching the game can decide if this player is hacking or there is not enough evidence. Since NG had already developed the replay feature, they can use that to make the players judge whether or not a player is cheating. Heck, NG can make a role called "Watchers" or "Judge" who goes on the Atlas to look through the hacker replays.

It will also be easier to do an overhaul of the reporting system. Instead of very specific reportable offenses in the first page, the page could use some categorizing. Devs can add anything other server breaking offenses that they wish to add.
  • Hacking
    • Flying
    • Bridging
    • Beehopping
    • Autoclicking
    • Speed
    • Kill Aura
    • Haste
    • Duping
    • Other
  • Behavior
    • Trolling
    • Inappropriate Build
    • Teaming
  • Language
    • Cursing
    • Threatening
    • Taunting
    • Spamming
    • Advertising
  • Others
    • Kill Farming
    • NSFW
    • Griefing
    • Bug Abusing
    • Server Crashing
    • Scamming
    • IP Tracking
    • DDos
But that still isn't enough. Reporting doesn't really give any incentives to encourage the players to do so. To solve this, NG can give a couple credits for or a key for every valid hacker that they report. Only side effect to this is that there might be more false reports, false bans or making a hassle on Trainees to go through, but if NG could but the effort to it, the toxic community will deteriorate.

Notice how I had added a Language section although the chat is filtered? That is yet another issue with NG. Yes, I know that this is a debated topic, but sometimes, when I want to communicate with teammates, I couldn't say "Get those Final Kills" or "xXShrekEnjoyer419Xx is the killer". I am aware that MInecraft is a game for 9-14 year-old children, some of which has more toxicity than other games like LoL or CoD, but that is why I added Language as a reportable offense. I know that removing the filter wouldn't make my ping better or make my map load faster, but surely it can make the server's stress go down with less necessary need of plug-ins.

The NetherGames Website feels disorganized. For example, when I have to type ngmc.co/a to check stats, it would be nice to have it on the main NetherGames website or at least a list of URLs. Typing ngmc.co would automatically put you in the forums website and not the portal website. There are also a ton of hidden URLs that NG don't put on their main pages. The website structure requires some much needed UI cleanup, and easier for the community to use.

Keys are way too rare for what it worth. I have played NG for a while now, but I only got 5-6 keys. I have no idea how NG gives you keys, but to most players, it all seems like a RNG. And when you actually get a key, it wasn't even a cosmetic that I want. The Navy pants look incredibly ugly with my skin and sometimes I want to trade it out for something else, like a Blue hat or a NG Cape. Here's some of my thoughts on how to rework the key/cosmetics system.

• Add Rarity to all the Cosmetics. (You know, the one that all MMORPG server use: Common/Uncommon/Rare/Epic/Legendary, maybe Mythic or Special)
  • Add Rarity to keys. Same Rarities as above. Only keys of a certain rarity can open a cosmetic of that rarity. For example, common keys cannot give you a Rare Cosmetics. Each key has their own drop chance when NG decides to give you one. (35%/25%/17%/13%/10% accordingly to each rarity, ratio could be shifted by devs to their desire)
  • Add Key Inventory, which itemizes the amount of each rarity of keys you have. Can be added to Cosmetics Menu.
  • Increase chances of obtaining keys. Maybe up to a 7% chance of getting a key for each win in any minigame.
  • Add Reforge/Re-roll system, where people can trade in cosmetics for other cosmetics. This could go two ways, one is to use multiple cosmetics of a lower tier for one cosmetic of a higher tier where you can pick what cosmetic you want as a result. The other is to use a singular cosmetic to trade in for another cosmetic of the same tier, but it will give you a random cosmetic instead of a selected one. To prevent players from rerolling too often, a player needs to spend credits or a new form of currency called reroll points gained from playing minigames to reforge/reroll.
  • Add Cosmetic Trial Time where players can try out new cosmetics for a limited amount of games, so they know which ones they liked and which ones they don't. This encourages player to reroll and get cosmetics that they wanted.

My final rant about NG is how credits were given. Think about it: 5000 credits for a Silver Rank. Since Credits are reset every 6 months, you have to gain 5000/30/6=28 (Roughly) credits per day. In a normal bedwars game, you get 2 credits for a win, 1 for each final kill, and 3 for breaking a bed. If I were to execute a perfect match where I break 1 bed, get 1 final kills and win, I can only get 6 points. You have to play at least 5 perfect matches a day to get to the bare minimum of a Silver Rank, and the majority of us spends our time in school, so I'm assuming you can only play on Friday+Weekends. That means if you really want the rank, you need to play at least 5x7/3=12 (Roughly) perfect games per day in the weekends. But the not everyone can win or pop off every match: There might be a godbridger, a hacker, a rusher... so many things can go wrong in a bedwars game for so little amount of credits is simply not worth it to grind for a Silver Rank that only gives you some bragging rights and a different color of text. NG should either raise the amount of credits given or just lowering the standards for a ranks. Perhaps changing the tiers to 2500/5000/7500/10000/15000 would be more reasonable.

Wow, that's a lot of suggestions! I really hoped that NG agrees with what I think, and if Tobias or other mods see this thread, they could add it to NetherGames. All in all, NetherGames is a great place, but the server could really use some Quality of Life changes to attract more players and keep the server alive!

I like the suggestions but I will say about the credits part that the reason they have it so high is because they want people to play longer on their server. If it was 2500 it would be easy and anyone could do it without playing for that long. Atleast with 5000 you have to play on the server longer. I wish it would be lowered to 2500 but from NG’s POV I get why it’s higher.(also top players can get 750-1000 credits a day)

BeanBois

• Hacking
    • Flying
    • Bridging
    • Beehopping
    • Autoclicking
    • Speed
    • Kill Aura
    • Haste
    • Duping
    • Other
  • Behavior
    • Trolling
    • Inappropriate Build
    • Teaming
  • Language
    • Cursing
    • Threatening
    • Taunting
    • Spamming
    • Advertising
  • Others
    • Kill Farming
    • NSFW
    • Griefing
    • Bug Abusing
    • Server Crashing
    • Scamming
    • IP Tracking
    • DDos

Great post, but I would like to make a few corrections regarding your description of the credits system. First of all, a perfect bedwars game means that you get 7 beds and 7 final kills and you get the win. Since you get 2 credits for each bed (not 3), 1 credit for each final kill, and 3 credits for a win, you end up getting 24 credits from that game alone. One thing that has helped players recently is the 1 hour 2x credit booster that you get after you vote for NG on ngmc.co/v, and with this booster, a perfect game gives 48 credits. Recently I’ve been getting around 150 or more credits per day, making use of the credit booster. Although this number will probably change once summer ends and I go back to school, I think I will still be getting 100 or more credits on weekdays, and even more on weekends (the majority of my credits come from the 1 hour period when the credit booster is active, and unless I get a lot of homework, I think I will be able to play NG for at least an hour every day).

Thanks, BeanBois

Loved2181

No but if u vote and play ng in the hour u get a 2 credit boost

PiggyPlex

Developer
Staff member
Developer

Wow, a dev saw my post! I am amazed!
I can follow up with everything that you've said about why NG wouldn't be able to add into the server, to which I say, understandable, have a nice day.

But now that I've pointed out some potential problems, I'm thinking that maybe NG could find workarounds to these issues! I know how little people really know how hard it is for server developers to take in their suggestions, especially on Bedrock where, to a certain extent, is easier said than done. I'm fine if my ideas don't make the cut, but I just think that this is a "Hey, what if we add xxx? It'll be cool!"

Don't take this as a insult, but I'm really glad to know what the dev team can or cannot do. I'm not saying that devs aren't smart, since basically everyone in the MCBE community doesn't know how to run a server (me included), what I mean is that I'm glad to see a bit of transparency of the team so we know what we can expect from the future.

Though I can't say I have solutions to the new problems, what I can say is that if the dev team is clear on what specifically they wanted to do, NetherGames will be in good hands.

NeulingGames
My post isn't about what NG can't add - it's purely my own opinion.
Ideas are easier said than done - I can definitely agree with you on that one. Submitting suggestions through our Discord servers which are popular is the best way to get ideas in; the team pays extra attention to suggestions with high positive feedback (for obvious reasons).
My voice isn't the voice of the entire development team, and I can't stress this enough. Whilst I do have a new rank on NetherGames, it does not make me more important nor does it make my opinions final.
My post should be seen as my concerns, not a rejection that your ideas will be cut!

- PiggyPlex

hardcriminals

My post isn't about what NG can't add - it's purely my own opinion.
Ideas are easier said than done - I can definitely agree with you on that one. Submitting suggestions through our Discord servers which are popular is the best way to get ideas in; the team pays extra attention to suggestions with high positive feedback (for obvious reasons).
My voice isn't the voice of the entire development team, and I can't stress this enough. Whilst I do have a new rank on NetherGames, it does not make me more important nor does it make my opinions final.
My post should be seen as my concerns, not a rejection that your ideas will be cut!

- PiggyPlex
Hmm ur a lot more active than most staff .

Mootis

• Hacking
    • Flying
    • Bridging
    • Beehopping
    • Autoclicking
    • Speed
    • Kill Aura
    • Haste
    • Duping
    • Other
  • Behavior
    • Trolling
    • Inappropriate Build
    • Teaming
  • Language
    • Cursing
    • Threatening
    • Taunting
    • Spamming
    • Advertising
  • Others
    • Kill Farming
    • NSFW
    • Griefing
    • Bug Abusing
    • Server Crashing
    • Scamming
    • IP Tracking
    • DDos

I do agree, however the anti-cheat would be hard to code, and with a server you always run into risks that are:

- False Bans
- Bans with no evidence
- Unreliable anti cheats

and so much more, it is annoying to run into hackers, and I strongly agree by rewarding people who report is a good idea, however if multiple people report the same person, NG will have to reward all of the users.

a 1ron Golem

• Hacking
    • Flying
    • Bridging
    • Beehopping
    • Autoclicking
    • Speed
    • Kill Aura
    • Haste
    • Duping
    • Other
  • Behavior
    • Trolling
    • Inappropriate Build
    • Teaming
  • Language
    • Cursing
    • Threatening
    • Taunting
    • Spamming
    • Advertising
  • Others
    • Kill Farming
    • NSFW
    • Griefing
    • Bug Abusing
    • Server Crashing
    • Scamming
    • IP Tracking
    • DDos

counting normal kills and deaths to KDR would generate massive backlash/confusion. There's no need to fix what isn't broken. That's also not a bug btw it was changed so that normal kills no longer count to your K/DR

a 1ron Golem

PiggyPlex
About the "kill" thing, can you give me an example of it being used in a threatening way/bad way because you can just say ki11 and it'll get through. I kind of don't get the point if there's such an easy workaround. Also, words like "inc" should be on a 10-30 sec cooldown because then people can't spam it but if you're not in a VC with your teammate/teammates you don't have a quick and easy way to warn them of an incoming enemy player.

• Hacking
    • Flying
    • Bridging
    • Beehopping
    • Autoclicking
    • Speed
    • Kill Aura
    • Haste
    • Duping
    • Other
  • Behavior
    • Trolling
    • Inappropriate Build
    • Teaming
  • Language
    • Cursing
    • Threatening
    • Taunting
    • Spamming
    • Advertising
  • Others
    • Kill Farming
    • NSFW
    • Griefing
    • Bug Abusing
    • Server Crashing
    • Scamming
    • IP Tracking
    • DDos

must have taken a lot of time to write that and a really good point too nice job

SproutBroth

I like the suggestions but I will say about the credits part that the reason they have it so high is because they want people to play longer on their server. If it was 2500 it would be easy and anyone could do it without playing for that long. Atleast with 5000 you have to play on the server longer. I wish it would be lowered to 2500 but from NG’s POV I get why it’s higher.(also top players can get 750-1000 credits a day)
What do you mean 1000 credits