MAJOR IDEA's executives please read

I have an idea to help get more players on the server but will be alot of work

1st. Change the server software to either Spigot or Bukkit
2nd.Install GeyserMC server plugin this will allow for Java and Bedrock editions to both join
3rd. Remake all the plugins for a better experience

On a different matter you can switch from pocketmine-mp to nukkit and not have java edition players

LargeKnome

Builder
Staff member
Builder

It took us months of work to switch JUST to pocketmine 4.0. We're still fixing bugs with it. To entirely rewrite 100% of the server would cause so many bugs, we'd be using frameworks we aren't familiar with, it'd take us years just to learn it well enough to develop everything we've already made, as well as everything we have in the pipeline. This is almost entirely impossible, logistically and technogically. And that's just step 1. We then need to work on making ourselves a java community, we'd need java servers, it'd be a nightmare.

It took us months of work to switch JUST to pocketmine 4.0. We're still fixing bugs with it. To entirely rewrite 100% of the server would cause so many bugs, we'd be using frameworks we aren't familiar with, it'd take us years just to learn it well enough to develop everything we've already made, as well as everything we have in the pipeline. This is almost entirely impossible, logistically and technogically. And that's just step 1. We then need to work on making ourselves a java community, we'd need java servers, it'd be a nightmare.
close to what i said but true

TobiasDev

Developer
Staff member
Developer

I need to agree. This is entirely impossible. If we were ever to switch server softwares, then to a high-performance bedrock-specific server software because using a JE server software with geyser creates a massive overhead in servers for us, and right now, the whole NetherGames Network is running on 8 servers, and we would like to keep this number as low as possible because servers are expensive.

randomperson2

Bedrock is written in C++. Java is written in Java. Now Nethergames might be in a different coding language to c++, but we know it is not written in java. We would probably also have to separate bedrock and java players on their own servers, otherwise bedwars will be raided by players from hypixel, and it will be nearly impossible to win a game. As the people above me have said, nethergames would have to have been closed down for like 6 months, we would have to also be a java community too, and servers are very expensive, respectively.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks