Is this bannable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippoBaguette

Apr 7, 2020
Hi. I generally grind solos and doubles or squads with my party.

I found a bug that isn't really an advantage, but more of a party trick. Using this bug I can obtain unobtainable items. The maps I've tested it in are Speedway, and Rooftop.

I was playing duos with a friend, when i saw water flowing. I bought a wayer bucket, and realised that water was broken, but thats another story.

So I saw that water was buggy, and decided to see if i could obtain buttons, from Speedway. By placing a water close to the button, it flowed and broke the button. I then placed the button on our def to see it's properties. I found that you could still break it.

I placed a water source on top of the Steve head. It came off. I placed on the floor,and noticed you couldn't break it. It was like bedrock. But the only way to obtain it again is to place water again to reobtain it.

I did it in rooftop as well, I got carpet and rails, from our base, diamonds gen, and even emarlds.

Is this a bannable thing?

Reactions: ZantTheKing

ZantTheKing

Jul 3, 2017
The United States
First off, I am not a staff member. So my word is not official.

However based on the situation. If you are using water buckets to get these items just for a party trick that would most likely be fine. However say you are using these unbreakable items as a defense. Knowing that these items are unbreakable, you would most likely receive a punishment for bug exploiting. Overall I would generally avoid doing this to benefit game play in any way to prevent punishments.

HippoBaguette

Apr 7, 2020
First off, I am not a staff member. So my word is not official.

However based on the situation. If you are using water buckets to get these items just for a party trick that would most likely be fine. However say you are using these unbreakable items as a defense. Knowing that these items are unbreakable, you would most likely receive a punishment for bug exploiting. Overall I would generally avoid doing this to benefit game play in any way to prevent punishments.
No, because they arent a block. you can mine the bed's hitbox, even thought the players head is there

HippoBaguette

Apr 7, 2020
This bug only happens with things like buttons,heads, carpet, but not like slabs or walls, at least i havet got it to work. with walls though, the hitbox would be bigger then the bed, though once placed it shoud be able to be mined

ZantTheKing

Jul 3, 2017
The United States
This bug only happens with things like buttons,heads, carpet, but not like slabs or walls, at least i havet got it to work. with walls though, the hitbox would be bigger then the bed, though once placed it shoud be able to be mined
This is an interesting issue, I have never heard or seen anything like it during my time at NG. I would recommend you talk to the live support team. (Which is accessible via the bottom right chat button.) To get confirmation about this issue, as well as information about punishments that may be issued.

Reactions: HippoBaguette

HippoBaguette

Apr 7, 2020
This is an interesting issue, I have never heard or seen anything like it during my time at NG. I would recommend you talk to the live support team. (Which is accessible via the bottom right chat button.) To get confirmation about this issue, as well as information about punishments that may be issued.
I have and am waiting for their response. I just wanted to see the communites response to this. I was a bit reluctant on the making of this thread as well, because i fear i may have sparked some peope to do this with actually unbreakable items.

ZantTheKing

Jul 3, 2017
The United States
I can understand why you were reluctant. This bug could be used in a way that could help the person using it to win. However as you stated it is not all powerful, and from what I hear it should be easy to find. So staff members should easily be able to take control until the issue is resolved.

--
Live support can take a while to respond, be sure to leave them your email so they can get back to you.

Reactions: HippoBaguette

HippoBaguette

Apr 7, 2020
I have not fully explored this, and understand how the water would change the properties of blocks.

As I'm not playing NG, I do have some questions if you could please test. Does water running into a slab or wall allow it to become obtainable? And by ding so, does it remove the "invunerableToBlasts" property? Do carpets, rails, buttons, and heads still resitent to explosions? This would create an unfair advantage, as the generic BW player uses TNT and Fireballs instead of tools most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Us

NetherGames is a community-based Minecraft server network that operates a large amount of in-game servers and online websites for our users. The majority of our staff members are dedicated volunteers who put their valuable time and effort into the server everyday for free. We rely on displaying advertisements, donations and earnings from purchases to keep our services running.

If you want to keep driving & supporting our team and the network forward, please buy a rank or donate now.

Advertisement

Join our Discord Server

Like us on Facebook

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks