Is Skyblock gonna reset??

DanTDM2176

Wassup guys!
So it has been a long time since Skblock has been offline, and just now the title, "NEW SEASON" has been attached to it. I asked one of my guild members abut it, and they said it means a complete reset; meaning all money, island, stuff is gone; like in Factions. Since I don't play Factions, this was a shock to me, and when I asked why it was happening, they said that it's because of people getting too much stuff and getting too rich. Since I have put around 1 year's worth of work into my Skyblock progress, I would like some information and clarity on this rumor. All information is appreciated, and I would love to get in touch with a developer/moderator.

Thank You

AreroLR

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Reports Division

Yes, it is. Please read the following message (which is quoted from #skyblock on our Discord server)

Hello skyblock players, as you may known, this channel remains locked until we have done fixing critical bugs in our SkyBlock server, one which known as "Downstream timeout". The problem itself occurs due the an excessive memory usage in our Skyland servers which causing it to crash. In the first few weeks, we tested the code and the development team decided to rewrite parts of the SkyBlock code in order to stop this leak occurs, and we did. But unfortunately your stats will be reset. It is official, we are going to release a new season of SkyBlock based on the polls we had in the last few months ago.
When exactly is the release date?
The answer for that is, we do not know, we still have a lot to test with current SB code, and in the past few hours, we pushed an experimental skyblock code into production. It doesn't work like we expected - bugs everywhere but its okay, it is still under maintenance.

The good news is, we fixed "Downstream timeout" issues, and added many new mechanics to SkyBlock so stay tuned and wait for further updates by subscribing our announcements channel.

MrPotato101

Developer
Staff member
Developer

Wassup guys!
So it has been a long time since Skblock has been offline, and just now the title, "NEW SEASON" has been attached to it. I asked one of my guild members abut it, and they said it means a complete reset; meaning all money, island, stuff is gone; like in Factions. Since I don't play Factions, this was a shock to me, and when I asked why it was happening, they said that it's because of people getting too much stuff and getting too rich. Since I have put around 1 year's worth of work into my Skyblock progress, I would like some information and clarity on this rumor. All information is appreciated, and I would love to get in touch with a developer/moderator.

Thank You
Yes and no, the reason why we resetting SkyBlock is that, the minihelper item is invalid, any minihelpers you have stored in your inventory/chests will no longer work properly. It will disappears as the minihelper checks for its validation id to our database. This feature is to ensure that minihelpers can no longer be duped at any cost.

Second, there are updates we have done especially the enchantment book system breaking the gameplay where it invalidates any old enchantment book. Meaning that, your old enchantment book will no longer enchant items as it used to. This can cause a huge influx of scams artist where they will attempt to sell an old enchantment book to players. Not to mention the money pouches, money pouches will also be invalidated and no longer work as it should.

The implication of this update is huge, and we had this gamemode up and running for almost a year now and I believe that is a lot of time for players to actually make progress in our gamemode. But you can't always expect your progress will goes on and on forever. We had a great journey but its time to create a new one instead.

Gruffinator

Wassup guys!

Thank You
SKYBLOCK RELEASE INFO
Hello all, Skyblock has been taken offline for a while and undergoing maintenance to resolve a number of gameplay issues. The development team has now fixed a number of these issues and determined that a public release is now possible again. As such, we are glad to announce that Skyblock will be back online starting from October 9th 2021 We are not going to publish a specific time (so please don't ask "which time zone?") Beginning this season, Skyblock will be reset every 6 months similarly to the credits & tiers system.
This means that your progress from last season will not carry over to the new season starting on October 9th.
As with all game modes, in the event of a game-breaking bug or fault, please note that we reserve the right to reset progress as deemed necessary. Players who have purchased mini-helpers through the store previously will be entitled to receive their purchases back in the new season.

These items will be added to your inventory upon first joining the Skyblock servers after the reset has taken place.

(This is the actual message from the discord server)

DanTDM2176

Yes and no, the reason why we resetting SkyBlock is that, the minihelper item is invalid, any minihelpers you have stored in your inventory/chests will no longer work properly. It will disappears as the minihelper checks for its validation id to our database. This feature is to ensure that minihelpers can no longer be duped at any cost.

Second, there are updates we have done especially the enchantment book system breaking the gameplay where it invalidates any old enchantment book. Meaning that, your old enchantment book will no longer enchant items as it used to. This can cause a huge influx of scams artist where they will attempt to sell an old enchantment book to players. Not to mention the money pouches, money pouches will also be invalidated and no longer work as it should.

The implication of this update is huge, and we had this gamemode up and running for almost a year now and I believe that is a lot of time for players to actually make progress in our gamemode. But you can't always expect your progress will goes on and on forever. We had a great journey but its time to create a new one instead.
So does this mean sb will always reset every so oFten?

MrPotato101

Developer
Staff member
Developer

Often? I don't think 6 months is that often in my opinion. This system is familiar to the credits reset system. Once you played skyblock for 6 months, the progress will reset again and new features will come out.