Player Support Department
Applications Department
Appeals & Disputes Division
Reports Division

Jul 1, 2017
Australia
keithos.me
Hello everyone!

We're excited to announce the release of NetherGames Skyblock (if all goes well) tomorrow - Saturday 1st August!

Our Skyblock game has been planned for over 2 years and work initially commenced early last year, only to be postponed, later scrapped and completely rewritten. Work on the current version started around November 2019. Unlike many other servers, our Skyblock version is designed to be scalable across multiple servers without a detrimental user experience.

How to Play

When you join Skyblock (through the Teleporter or NPC), you will be greeted with a few NPCs at spawn. You can select a kit through the Kits NPC or directly using the /kit command.

The ATM at the bottom of the stairs allows you to withdraw money from your bank balance into your purse or vice-versa (deposit purse into bank). At the middle of the spawn, 4 crates are available - Vote, Common, Rare & Mythic. The Vote crate can be opened if you have voted that day, while the 3 other crates can only be opened if you have obtained crate keys for them through mining.

PvP is available in this game. Similar to Factions, use the /pvp command to teleport to the PvP arena or use the NPC at spawn. If you are engaged in a fight, you will be combat tagged and not allowed to logout/teleport until 15 seconds afterwards. There is a 5 second timer if you try to teleport out of the arena (i.e. getting back to spawn, to your island, etc.)

When a player is killed, their inventory will drop as a head which can be opened & looted by any player. Whoever opens the inventory first will receive a percentage of their purse balance (NOT bank).

You can also place bounties on another player that can be claimed when their inventory is looted first through the /bounty command.

To get started or to manage your island, use the /is command. This will open a form allowing you to create an island if you don't already have one, allow you to teleport to your friends' islands or any public islands or to manage your own island's settings. While on your island, you will notice that there is a border (default 25x25). To increase the area of your island, you will need to upgrade the level of your island by defeating a boss. To fight the boss, you will need to pay a fee, however you can have players on your island assist you in fighting the boss. If you win, your island will be upgraded, however if you lose, the fee will not be refunded and the contents of your inventory will be wiped.

There is a chance for the cobblestone generators on your island to spawn ores. This chance increases as your island's level is upgraded. You can also buy mini-helpers to assist with certain tasks around the island. These helpers are completely automatic, meaning you simply need to place them down near a cobblestone mine or a tree.

Redstone is supported, allowing automatic farms and the like, but is limited according to rank. Spawners will always start from chickens and spawn at a relatively slow rate. You can increase its spawn rate and upgrade the type of mob it spawns by clicking on the spawner. Because each spawner is separate, keep in mind that you need to upgrade each one individually.

Challenges will allow you to earn rewards for completing certain tasks. You can view and start challenges using the /ch command or the Challenges NPC at spawn.

Initial Release Restrictions

For this initial release, we are temporarily limiting access to VIP players and YouTubers only. This means that if you do not have a paid VIP rank (Ultra, Emerald or Legend) or a YouTube channel rank (YT, YouTube or Partner) you will not be able to play Skyblock yet.

Mini-helpers will not be able to purchased from the store for the time being, however 3 (each of different type) will be issued for free to players with YouTube channel ranks.

Players using a PS4 device will unfortunately not be able to play Skyblock due to issues with inventory menus.

FAQ

Q: Will you be able to earn credits in Skyblock?
A: No, credits cannot be earned in non-minigame type game modes like Creative, Factions or Skyblock. Tiers also do not offer any perks on Factions or Skyblock.

Q: Can you join the Skyblock initial release if you are in the Sapphire or Platinum tier?
A: No, only players with paid VIP or YouTube channel ranks will be able to join for the moment.

Q: Are there custom enchants implemented in this game?
A: Yes, like Factions, we have added a number of custom enchantments to the game. A full list will be made available at a later date.

Q: Is there a way to get kills in Skyblock?
A: PvP is integrated into the game - you can battle other players in the PvP arena or fight a boss to upgrade your island.

Q: Are there "minions" in Skyblock and if so, how can I earn them?
A: There are 3 types of mini-helpers that can help around your island performing a variety of tasks (i.e. planting a sapling, applying bonemeal to it and then chopping it down, or helping you mine blocks to sell), however these are limited to 3 per type (9 in total) on each island to ensure a level playing field for all. These will be made available for purchase using real world currency on our store. You may be able to purchase them with in-game currency if other players choose to put them up for auction on the auction house.

Q: Are there kits in Skyblock?
A: Yes, there are 4 kits - Starter, Ultra, Emerald and Legend. Ultra, Emerald and Legend kits are limited to VIP ranked players only, however all kits have been designed with fair gameplay in mind.

Q: Will there be many micro-transactions in this game?
A: No, the only 'micro-transaction' in the game is the purchase of mini-helpers. We have tried to balance the game for non-VIPs and VIP players as much as possible while making the game sustainable.

Q: What rewards do you receive for defeating a boss?
A: You will fight a boss when you choose to upgrade your island. If you defeat the boss, your island will be upgraded, however if you lose, the fee you paid to fight the boss will not be refunded and anything in your inventory while fighting the boss will be lost.

Q: What is the size of the initial border in an island?
A: You start off with 25x25 blocks of space, calculated from the default spawn point of the island. The border will not be affected when you choose to set a custom spawn point.

Q: Are there leaderboards in Skyblock?
A: For the initial release, there are currently no leaderboards. They may be implemented further down the track.

Q: When will Skyblock be completely released to the public?
A: There is currently no set date for a full public release, however we will advise all players in advance when a date has been set.

Q: What perks will VIP players have in the game?
A: Apart from access to the initial release, the following perks are available to players with paid VIP ranks:
  • Choose from a larger range of islands (default Scrubland) - Greek, Modern and Town (+ Jungle, Legend & Titan only)
  • Increased amount of auctions (default 3) - Ultra 5, Emerald 7, Legend 10, Titan 20
  • Access to use the /feed and /heal commands while not combat tagged (Legend & Titan only)
  • Ability to use the /fly command while not combat tagged and not in a restricted zone (Legend & Titan only)
  • Extra range of balanced kits reserved for VIPs only (amount varies per rank)
  • Increased redstone placement limits to 30 (default 15)

If you have any further questions regarding the release or game mechanics of Skyblock, feel free to comment below and we'll try to address your concerns or misconceptions as best as we can!

We hope that you enjoy playing on Skyblock - a lot of time and effort has gone into making this game!
For those of you who are looking forward to games other than Skyblock, be assured that the development team is currently working on a number of other game modes. More information will be released at a later date regarding these projects, so stay tuned!

Gumball

Mar 21, 2020
cool. Still looking forward to the brisge tho -_-

Misa

Jan 7, 2020
Hello everyone!

We're excited to announce the release of NetherGames Skyblock (if all goes well) tomorrow - Saturday 1st August!

Our Skyblock game has been planned for over 2 years and work initially commenced early last year, only to be postponed, later scrapped and completely rewritten. Work on the current version started around November 2019. Unlike many other servers, our Skyblock version is designed to be scalable across multiple servers without a detrimental user experience.

How to Play

When you join Skyblock (through the Teleporter or NPC), you will be greeted with a few NPCs at spawn. You can select a kit through the Kits NPC or directly using the /kit command.

The ATM at the bottom of the stairs allows you to withdraw money from your bank balance into your purse or vice-versa (deposit purse into bank). At the middle of the spawn, 4 crates are available - Vote, Common, Rare & Mythic. The Vote crate can be opened if you have voted that day, while the 3 other crates can only be opened if you have obtained crate keys for them through mining.

PvP is available in this game. Similar to Factions, use the /pvp command to teleport to the PvP arena or use the NPC at spawn. If you are engaged in a fight, you will be combat tagged and not allowed to logout/teleport until 15 seconds afterwards. There is a 5 second timer if you try to teleport out of the arena (i.e. getting back to spawn, to your island, etc.)

When a player is killed, their inventory will drop as a head which can be opened & looted by any player. Whoever opens the inventory first will receive a percentage of their purse balance (NOT bank).

You can also place bounties on another player that can be claimed when their inventory is looted first through the /bounty command.

To get started or to manage your island, use the /is command. This will open a form allowing you to create an island if you don't already have one, allow you to teleport to your friends' islands or any public islands or to manage your own island's settings. While on your island, you will notice that there is a border (default 25x25). To increase the area of your island, you will need to upgrade the level of your island by defeating a boss. To fight the boss, you will need to pay a fee, however you can have players on your island assist you in fighting the boss. If you win, your island will be upgraded, however if you lose, the fee will not be refunded and the contents of your inventory will be wiped.

There is a chance for the cobblestone generators on your island to spawn ores. This chance increases as your island's level is upgraded. You can also buy mini-helpers to assist with certain tasks around the island. These helpers are completely automatic, meaning you simply need to place them down near a cobblestone mine or a tree.

Redstone is supported, allowing automatic farms and the like, but is limited according to rank. Spawners will always start from chickens and spawn at a relatively slow rate. You can increase its spawn rate and upgrade the type of mob it spawns by clicking on the spawner. Because each spawner is separate, keep in mind that you need to upgrade each one individually.

Challenges will allow you to earn rewards for completing certain tasks. You can view and start challenges using the /ch command or the Challenges NPC at spawn.

Initial Release Restrictions

For this initial release, we are temporarily limiting access to VIP players and YouTubers only. This means that if you do not have a paid VIP rank (Ultra, Emerald or Legend) or a YouTube channel rank (YT, YouTube or Partner) you will not be able to play Skyblock yet.

Mini-helpers will not be able to purchased from the store for the time being, however 3 (each of different type) will be issued for free to players with YouTube channel ranks.

Players using a PS4 device will unfortunately not be able to play Skyblock due to issues with inventory menus.

FAQ

Q: Will you be able to earn credits in Skyblock?
A: No, credits cannot be earned in non-minigame type game modes like Creative, Factions or Skyblock. Tiers also do not offer any perks on Factions or Skyblock.

Q: Can you join the Skyblock initial release if you are in the Sapphire or Platinum tier?
A: No, only players with paid VIP or YouTube channel ranks will be able to join for the moment.

Q: Are there custom enchants implemented in this game?
A: Yes, like Factions, we have added a number of custom enchantments to the game. A full list will be made available at a later date.

Q: Is there a way to get kills in Skyblock?
A: PvP is integrated into the game - you can battle other players in the PvP arena or fight a boss to upgrade your island.

Q: Are there "minions" in Skyblock and if so, how can I earn them?
A: There are 3 types of mini-helpers that can help around your island performing a variety of tasks (i.e. planting a sapling, applying bonemeal to it and then chopping it down, or helping you mine blocks to sell), however these are limited to 3 per type (9 in total) on each island to ensure a level playing field for all. These will be made available for purchase using real world currency on our store. You may be able to purchase them with in-game currency if other players choose to put them up for auction on the auction house.

Q: Are there kits in Skyblock?
A: Yes, there are 4 kits - Starter, Ultra, Emerald and Legend. Ultra, Emerald and Legend kits are limited to VIP ranked players only, however all kits have been designed with fair gameplay in mind.

Q: Will there be many micro-transactions in this game?
A: No, the only 'micro-transaction' in the game is the purchase of mini-helpers. We have tried to balance the game for non-VIPs and VIP players as much as possible while making the game sustainable.

Q: What rewards do you receive for defeating a boss?
A: You will fight a boss when you choose to upgrade your island. If you defeat the boss, your island will be upgraded, however if you lose, the fee you paid to fight the boss will not be refunded and anything in your inventory while fighting the boss will be lost.

Q: What is the size of the initial border in an island?
A: You start off with 25x25 blocks of space, calculated from the default spawn point of the island. The border will not be affected when you choose to set a custom spawn point.

Q: Are there leaderboards in Skyblock?
A: For the initial release, there are currently no leaderboards. They may be implemented further down the track.

Q: When will Skyblock be completely released to the public?
A: There is currently no set date for a full public release, however we will advise all players in advance when a date has been set.

Q: What perks will VIP players have in the game?
A: Apart from access to the initial release, the following perks are available to players with paid VIP ranks:
  • Choose from a larger range of islands (default Scrubland) - Greek, Modern and Town (+ Jungle, Legend & Titan only)
  • Increased amount of auctions (default 3) - Ultra 5, Emerald 7, Legend 10, Titan 20
  • Access to use the /feed and /heal commands while not combat tagged (Legend & Titan only)
  • Ability to use the /fly command while not combat tagged and not in a restricted zone (Legend & Titan only)
  • Extra range of balanced kits reserved for VIPs only (amount varies per rank)
  • Increased redstone placement limits to 30 (default 15)

If you have any further questions regarding the release or game mechanics of Skyblock, feel free to comment below and we'll try to address your concerns or misconceptions as best as we can!

We hope that you enjoy playing on Skyblock - a lot of time and effort has gone into making this game!
For those of you who are looking forward to games other than Skyblock, be assured that the development team is currently working on a number of other game modes. More information will be released at a later date regarding these projects, so stay tuned!
Some of _____ there just found a new way to loot players

SUERYETO

Apr 3, 2020
Good!I love this game mode very much!

Jul 2, 2020
It's but unfair i know that running an server isn t an free lunch but still that people with not paid VIP or yt rank can not play myself I can't buy an rank ether there.should be an any of you vote of are an plautim tier you can play skyblock

Jul 2, 2020
It's but unfair i know that running an server isn t an free lunch but still that people with not paid VIP or yt rank can not play myself I can't buy an rank ether there.should be an any of you vote of are an plautim tier you can play skyblock
I ment if you vote or have an high tier you can play skyblock

Feb 2, 2020
Iraq
I am actually disappointed about this. no custom items, no buffs and the mini helper works the same as a minion in hypixel skyblock. limiting the game by your PvE skills to increase the border and making it such a boring game... making "minions" a micro transaction is pretty lame. and it should be unlockable by grinding resources and making it yourself instead of buying it. skyblock's true tradition is to keep you playing this game for the longest time but maybe you guys thought its a good idea to make this factions. completly factions. grinding to a gset is a waste of time but money making can be done by afking in your base for spawners to give you the mob loot. and upgrading island is a lame example of skyblock where you should have infinite space for infinite creativity. any who... this game was in development for such a long time and appreciate the amount of time working on it. i hope it goes well as it is intended to be.

• Sad
Reactions: HippoBaguette

SUERYETO

Apr 3, 2020
This is just understandable. After all, This is a new game mode.I think VIP or YouTuber can play first. I don't have VIP, but I am willing to wait for this new game mode.Because the waiting time is not very long.

Reactions: Percyjackson920

Support Us

NetherGames is a community-based Minecraft server network that operates a large amount of in-game servers and online websites for our users. The majority of our staff members are dedicated volunteers who put their valuable time and effort into the server everyday for free. We rely on displaying advertisements, donations and earnings from purchases to keep our services running.

If you want to keep driving & supporting our team and the network forward, please buy a rank or donate now.

Advertisement

Join our Discord Server

Like us on Facebook

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks