How to CORRECTLY PLAY Infection

Castle

So, Infection just came out today, and from what I've seen, it's a lot of fun. However, with it being a new game mode, there are gonna be players who have no clue how to play. So, that's what this guide is for.

WHAT IS INFECTION?
In Infection, your goal is to either survive the countless onslaught of the infected or convert everyone to the Infected. It all depends on what role you get, and how you choose to play.

AS THE INFECTED
As the Infected, your job is to make everyone around you Infected (duh) by looking high and low for Survivors, who can also kill you. Survivors can work together to survive, but it's not recommended, as you'll find some way to break their defenses. You have a close range weapon, which is good for getting close to the Survivors and taking them out easily.

AS THE SURVIVORS
DO NOT. GROUP. UP. EVER!!! Each time you group up, it's another free kill for the Infected, which can lead to your downfall in the end. You have a bow to take down the Infected from a distance, but it can be used at close range if you're really skilled. The bow has a relatively short cooldown, but long enough for the Infected to punish you if you miss.

HELPFUL NOTES
Gold is completely useless in this mode, since it doesn't give you any benefits for both Survivors and Infected. Each map has at least one spot that the Infected cannot reach easily. For SanPeratico, Survivors can jump in the water, since it slows down the Infected. For Themepark, it's the area under the mansion. For Headquarters, it's that one spot in the corner (for those who have played normal MM, you know the one). Experiment with the different maps to try and survive.

WIN CONDITIONS
From what I've played so far, only the infected will win. And the win will only go to the original Infected player. Even if you're the last Survivor, if you die, you don't get the credit.

Alright, that's all I've got so far. Leave any tips in the comments. Thanks for reading, celebratory "Thank you!"s, all of that. Bye.

Reactions: WinteryOsprey38
Hi, thank you for creating such a useful guide! I'm sure that this thread will be extremely helpful to players due to this being a new game.

However, you did mention in the "Win Conditions" section of this thread that "only the infected will win". I wanted to mention that it is possible for Survivors to win as well if they make it to the end of the game without becoming infected. Although it is quite difficult for survivors to make it this far due to the Infected having more advantages such as speed, jump boost, etc. it is not impossible.

I also wanted to leave some of my own tips as well for Survivors. As a Survivor, it might be to your benefit to hide during the game to increase your chances of surviving to the end of the match. Running around in plain sight will essentially lower your chances of surviving and will make it easier for you to bump into Infected as well which might allow you to become infected.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to make this guide! I can definitely agree with you that this new game is quite a lot of fun to play. Good luck to anyone who decides to give this game a go!

Castle

Hi, thank you for creating such a useful guide! I'm sure that this thread will be extremely helpful to players due to this being a new game.

However, you did mention in the "Win Conditions" section of this thread that "only the infected will win". I wanted to mention that it is possible for Survivors to win as well if they make it to the end of the game without becoming infected. Although it is quite difficult for survivors to make it this far due to the Infected having more advantages such as speed, jump boost, etc. it is not impossible.

I also wanted to leave some of my own tips as well for Survivors. As a Survivor, it might be to your benefit to hide during the game to increase your chances of surviving to the end of the match. Running around in plain sight will essentially lower your chances of surviving and will make it easier for you to bump into Infected as well which might allow you to become infected.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to make this guide! I can definitely agree with you that this new game is quite a lot of fun to play. Good luck to anyone who decides to give this game a go!

Good call, however let me rebuttal with this:

Survivors are revealed towards the end of the game, making hiding spots pratically ineffective if they can see your name tag. Plus, if the Survivors win, it usually isn't many winners or it's a really low percentage.

Justyn

Actually, Gold is very helpful for the Infected, collect ten(10) gold, then they get one sword throw.