Experience and everything you should know about Report Division

Huy Enter

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Appeals & Disputes Division

Preface
It had been a long time since I'm taking this Mod Division - Report Division. So I come to decision to let's player know more detail about this Mod Division.

What's Report Division?
It's one of Mod Divisions which have responsibility to handle player report in Discord (#report channel) and on our Report Forums ( https://ngmc.co/r ).

Is it hard to be assigned in Report Division?
No. All Mod staff can be switched to this Mod Division so all staff have same chance to takeover this Division.

What's problem which Report Division have to face with?
For this question, I'll explain more further all problem we have to face with. Also some of them below actually is player usually mistakes when submitting a report.

The first one, actually come from reporter is their evidence. Sometimes player when report don't type or type wrong offender's username in their report, which sometimes it will take us a lot of times to find the correct username in these. This problem usually happen in player report in Discord rather than on Report Forums because on Forums offender's username is required. Also player may ask: "You can look into username in these report, right?". Generally: Yes, we can. But it's very time consuming. It will be more worse if that video actually too long (For example: evidence in 30 minutes and don't put offender's username ). Also we have to handle a lot of player reports per day. So it actually will take us a lot of time to look for other report player as well. However, we still have to handle those player report normally just like the others. Although it take a lot of times from us.

Second, as I mentioned above. Also is player evidence which make video too long (more than 2 mins) or too short (less than 10 seconds). For video too long it will take a lot of times to judge and for video too short. Sometimes lucky it will show player breaks our rules moment so clearly, when others don't show the moment they're breaking rules clearly which let us have no choice but have to denied these report. Sometimes player also put evidence but in type or via link that we can't open it, file broken, or having suspicious virus link inside (P/S: My phone used to be rooted and get infected by one of player report and I have to fix my phone ;-;). In those situations, we have to denied these report because we can't open it.

Third, this problem actually is one of the hardest situations we have to face with. It's per our decision can be cause unnecessary drama. About this problem it will depend on situations which come from players side or staff side.

- About staff side, our decision in report sometimes still wrong. (For example: They're Hacking but we Denied it because it isn't enough, or they don't Hacking but we Accept that report and they get false ban). In both situations, it actually is our false and we have to take action to fix wrong decisions we've make. That's reason why Ban Appeal, Mute Appeal and Warning Dispute exist. Of course our wrong decision will cause a lot of drama behind it. But we always tried our best to resolve the problem in time and no one get false punishment. We also keep learning a lot from per report, player and server performance to try to handle player report more correctly and effectively.

- About player side, it actually is player fault because it's from their behavior, they jealous about other player better than them and try to accuse them for no reason or trying to take them down from community (we usually call it's Hackusated). After that those unnecessary Drama will happen. More worse is some of those drama also have staff member influence. Or even worse is accusing staff members defending another staff members break server rules (when actually we never do that such inappropriate conduct); harassing, threatening our staff. (P/S: I'm also already in those drama before in Faction and I already solve it, I won't tell the name of that Guild or Faction because it's Private and I don't want to take any Faction, Guild or even player down). For this situation, we will have to try our best to explain to player that even staff members who breaking server rules will have to face consequences just like normal offender and we have no exception. Also rechecking our staff members as well. Someone may understand us, but someone can't understand situations and misunderstood us. But we had tried our best to do anything possible. This issue currently happening almost in our Faction and Skyblock community. Which also is one of my responsibility to moderate those and trying reducing toxicity in those gamemode as less as possible. It actually make me very sad and I'm very sorry if I have failed our player wish.

The forth one, maybe it's the final issue which it seem that we're facing it currently is XBOX offender's username doesn't exist when actually reporter meet them in game. Yes, it's issue on our side and we're so sorry about this. It also will let to situation that they won't be punished because we can't locate those username. However, I believe our talented and dedicated Developer will fix this problem in future.

Disclaimer question:
Are you trying to defend NetherGames staff members?

No. Although we're staff members, we still have to follow our NetherGames server regulation and behave appropriately according to our rules. There's no place for Inappropriate staff behavior and if we detected staff members having inappropriate behavior or breaking NetherGames rules, we'll take action immediately.

Are you trying to defend your friends although they're breaking our rules?
No. All player still have to follow our server rules. We still punish them just like other player normally. No matter they're our friend or not.

Final comment

That's all problem and issue we have to face with in per player report. If you see someone breaking our NetherGames rules. You can help us by reporting them at #report channel on our NetherGames Discord server ( https://ngmc.co/d ) or via Report Forums ( https://ngmc.co/r ). If you have suggestion and idea to improve our server, please don't mind to suggest it in #suggestions channel on our NetherGames Discord server. Without player help, we aren't NetherGames today. Thank you all player have played on NetherGames.

Kindly regards,
Huy Enter
Mod, Reports Division
, Skyblock Taskforce, Faction Taskforce, Beta Tester

Reactions: Tekqo

Tekqo

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Reports Division

Preface
It had been a long time since I'm taking this Mod Division - Report Division. So I come to decision to let's player know more detail about this Mod Division.

What's Report Division?
It's one of Mod Divisions which have responsibility to handle player report in Discord (#report channel) and on our Report Forums ( https://ngmc.co/r ).

Is it hard to be assigned in Report Division?
No. All Mod staff can be switched to this Mod Division so all staff have same chance to takeover this Division.

What's problem which Report Division have to face with?
For this question, I'll explain more further all problem we have to face with. Also some of them below actually is player usually mistakes when submitting a report.

The first one, actually come from reporter is their evidence. Sometimes player when report don't type or type wrong offender's username in their report, which sometimes it will take us a lot of times to find the correct username in these. This problem usually happen in player report in Discord rather than on Report Forums because on Forums offender's username is required. Also player may ask: "You can look into username in these report, right?". Generally: Yes, we can. But it's very time consuming. It will be more worse if that video actually too long (For example: evidence in 30 minutes and don't put offender's username ). Also we have to handle a lot of player reports per day. So it actually will take us a lot of time to look for other report player as well. However, we still have to handle those player report normally just like the others. Although it take a lot of times from us.

Second, as I mentioned above. Also is player evidence which make video too long (more than 2 mins) or too short (less than 10 seconds). For video too long it will take a lot of times to judge and for video too short. Sometimes lucky it will show player breaks our rules moment so clearly, when others don't show the moment they're breaking rules clearly which let us have no choice but have to denied these report. Sometimes player also put evidence but in type or via link that we can't open it, file broken, or having suspicious virus link inside (P/S: My phone used to be rooted and get infected by one of player report and I have to fix my phone ;-;). In those situations, we have to denied these report because we can't open it.

Third, this problem actually is one of the hardest situations we have to face with. It's per our decision can be cause unnecessary drama. About this problem it will depend on situations which come from players side or staff side.

- About staff side, our decision in report sometimes still wrong. (For example: They're Hacking but we Denied it because it isn't enough, or they don't Hacking but we Accept that report and they get false ban). In both situations, it actually is our false and we have to take action to fix wrong decisions we've make. That's reason why Ban Appeal, Mute Appeal and Warning Dispute exist. Of course our wrong decision will cause a lot of drama behind it. But we always tried our best to resolve the problem in time and no one get false punishment. We also keep learning a lot from per report, player and server performance to try to handle player report more correctly and effectively.

- About player side, it actually is player fault because it's from their behavior, they jealous about other player better than them and try to accuse them for no reason or trying to take them down from community (we usually call it's Hackusated). After that those unnecessary Drama will happen. More worse is some of those drama also have staff member influence. Or even worse is accusing staff members defending another staff members break server rules (when actually we never do that such inappropriate conduct); harassing, threatening our staff. (P/S: I'm also already in those drama before in Faction and I already solve it, I won't tell the name of that Guild or Faction because it's Private and I don't want to take any Faction, Guild or even player down). For this situation, we will have to try our best to explain to player that even staff members who breaking server rules will have to face consequences just like normal offender and we have no exception. Also rechecking our staff members as well. Someone may understand us, but someone can't understand situations and misunderstood us. But we had tried our best to do anything possible. This issue currently happening almost in our Faction and Skyblock community. Which also is one of my responsibility to moderate those and trying reducing toxicity in those gamemode as less as possible. It actually make me very sad and I'm very sorry if I have failed our player wish.

The forth one, maybe it's the final issue which it seem that we're facing it currently is XBOX offender's username doesn't exist when actually reporter meet them in game. Yes, it's issue on our side and we're so sorry about this. It also will let to situation that they won't be punished because we can't locate those username. However, I believe our talented and dedicated Developer will fix this problem in future.

Disclaimer question:
Are you trying to defend NetherGames staff members?

No. Although we're staff members, we still have to follow our NetherGames server regulation and behave appropriately according to our rules. There's no place for Inappropriate staff behavior and if we detected staff members having inappropriate behavior or breaking NetherGames rules, we'll take action immediately.

Are you trying to defend your friends although they're breaking our rules?
No. All player still have to follow our server rules. We still punish them just like other player normally. No matter they're our friend or not.

Final comment
That's all problem and issue we have to face with in per player report. If you see someone breaking our NetherGames rules. You can help us by reporting them at #report channel on our NetherGames Discord server ( https://ngmc.co/d ) or via Report Forums ( https://ngmc.co/r ). If you have suggestion and idea to improve our server, please don't mind to suggest it in #suggestions channel on our NetherGames Discord server. Without player help, we aren't NetherGames today. Thank you all player have played on NetherGames.

Kindly regards,
Huy Enter
Mod, Reports Division
, Skyblock Taskforce, Faction Taskforce, Beta Tester
Hm good to know

• Haha
Reactions: Huy Enter