Community concerns

Hello everyone!

In recent times we've heard a number of complaints about different issues, and we wanted to address some of these community concerns and show you what we've been working on!

Server lag & crashes
This is probably the most mentioned issue - and we understand that it's frustrating. That said, we are actively working on resolving issues causing lag and crashes. These are mostly related to our latest technological achievements which are still in development. As it is, networking is a very complex topic with a lot of variables you have to control. When one of the variables changes, your whole system might collapse.
While the crashes are surely annoying (I experienced them myself in-game), they also help us getting closer to a better, more stable version of NetherGames.

But why can't you test on a test server?
Honestly, we wish we could. Sadly, there is no way to efficiently emulate the behavior of players. The only way to precisely find complex issues is by pushing them on our live servers, then trying to isolate and reproduce them locally to work on a solution.

Cheaters
I'm sure every staff member on NetherGames understands how frustrating it can be if a player flies over to your island and destroys your bed right when the game starts.
That said, developing a well-working anticheat isn't as easy as many might think. It's probably one of the most complex components of a server and needs to be compotent and precise while also being performance-efficient.
NetherGames has certain code-standards, and we do not want to serve you a half-working "reworked" anticheat. A new, more advanced anticheat is in the works and we'll keep everyone updated as development progresses!

New Games
A popular point of criticism is that we're releasing new game modes despite having the issues mentioned above.
From an outsiders view, that might be irrational: Why not put all developers on the pressing issues?
The answer is quite simple: They can't. Infrastructure developers aren't proficient in developing anticheats, and game developers are not trained to work on the proxy and infrastructure.
The current issues only affects certain departments, and while these departments are working on resolving issues, the other development departments will keep working so we don't get behind schedule!

Wow, that was quite a lot to read.
TL;DR:
- We are actively working on resolving crashes and minimize lag.
- A new anticheat is in in the works, but it's a complex project that takes time.
- We are still publishing new content updates because the current issues do not affect all development departments.

I hope this has shed some light on what's going on right now within the development team. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this post, I'll make sure to answer them all!

Have a great week.
NetherGames Development Team

Circket yt

Hello everyone!

In recent times we've heard a number of complaints about different issues, and we wanted to address some of these community concerns and show you what we've been working on!

Server lag & crashes
This is probably the most mentioned issue - and we understand that it's frustrating. That said, we are actively working on resolving issues causing lag and crashes. These are mostly related to our latest technological achievements which are still in development. As it is, networking is a very complex topic with a lot of variables you have to control. When one of the variables changes, your whole system might collapse.
While the crashes are surely annoying (I experienced them myself in-game), they also help us getting closer to a better, more stable version of NetherGames.

Honestly, we wish we could. Sadly, there is no way to efficiently emulate the behavior of players. The only way to precisely find complex issues is by pushing them on our live servers, then trying to isolate and reproduce them locally to work on a solution.

Cheaters
I'm sure every staff member on NetherGames understands how frustrating it can be if a player flies over to your island and destroys your bed right when the game starts.
That said, developing a well-working anticheat isn't as easy as many might think. It's probably one of the most complex components of a server and needs to be compotent and precise while also being performance-efficient.
NetherGames has certain code-standards, and we do not want to serve you a half-working "reworked" anticheat. A new, more advanced anticheat is in the works and we'll keep everyone updated as development progresses!

New Games
A popular point of criticism is that we're releasing new game modes despite having the issues mentioned above.
From an outsiders view, that might be irrational: Why not put all developers on the pressing issues?
The answer is quite simple: They can't. Infrastructure developers aren't proficient in developing anticheats, and game developers are not trained to work on the proxy and infrastructure.
The current issues only affects certain departments, and while these departments are working on resolving issues, the other development departments will keep working so we don't get behind schedule!

TL;DR:
- A new anticheat is in in the works, but it's a complex project that takes time.
- We are still publishing new content updates because the current issues do not affect all development departments.

I hope this has shed some light on what's going on right now within the development team. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this post, I'll make sure to answer them all!

Have a great week.
Sir I'm new in ng but I didant do any haxx but why I ban plzz remove ban

Circket yt

Hello everyone!

In recent times we've heard a number of complaints about different issues, and we wanted to address some of these commun
Server lag & crashes

Cheaters

New Games

TL;DR:

Have a great week.

Loved2181

Hello Tobias can you please add more staff positions because some look fun but I have to be alrea dy staff So yeah

Loved2181

If I got you angry sorry but I think they should add a mod for forums I love the forums i would not change to discord ever so I think you should get but you don't need to be already staff to apply

TheInsaneRazor

Crew
Staff member
Crew

SO what your saying is People should Buy ranks To support the Server!! For those better upgrades..Just saying!
You don't have to just buy ranks to support the server. We also have a donation link to NetherGames PayPal. Go to forums and scroll all the way to the bottom left where it says "Donate" and it'll take you to their donation site, or you can just click here.

a 1ron Golem

Hello everyone!

Server lag & crashes

Cheaters

New Games

TL;DR:

Have a great week.
Nice job dude i just want to say that this is exactly what the community needed and its nicely written too :D

My only suggestion is post on the ng yt channel and add tnt jumping. Also pawjers NETHERGAMES is working on lag ;)

Reactions: Loved2181