Community concerns

Hello everyone!

In recent times we've heard a number of complaints about different issues, and we wanted to address some of these community concerns and show you what we've been working on!

Server lag & crashes
This is probably the most mentioned issue - and we understand that it's frustrating. That said, we are actively working on resolving issues causing lag and crashes. These are mostly related to our latest technological achievements which are still in development. As it is, networking is a very complex topic with a lot of variables you have to control. When one of the variables changes, your whole system might collapse.
While the crashes are surely annoying (I experienced them myself in-game), they also help us getting closer to a better, more stable version of NetherGames.

But why can't you test on a test server?
Honestly, we wish we could. Sadly, there is no way to efficiently emulate the behavior of players. The only way to precisely find complex issues is by pushing them on our live servers, then trying to isolate and reproduce them locally to work on a solution.

Cheaters
I'm sure every staff member on NetherGames understands how frustrating it can be if a player flies over to your island and destroys your bed right when the game starts.
That said, developing a well-working anticheat isn't as easy as many might think. It's probably one of the most complex components of a server and needs to be compotent and precise while also being performance-efficient.
NetherGames has certain code-standards, and we do not want to serve you a half-working "reworked" anticheat. A new, more advanced anticheat is in the works and we'll keep everyone updated as development progresses!

New Games
A popular point of criticism is that we're releasing new game modes despite having the issues mentioned above.
From an outsiders view, that might be irrational: Why not put all developers on the pressing issues?
The answer is quite simple: They can't. Infrastructure developers aren't proficient in developing anticheats, and game developers are not trained to work on the proxy and infrastructure.
The current issues only affects certain departments, and while these departments are working on resolving issues, the other development departments will keep working so we don't get behind schedule!

Wow, that was quite a lot to read.
TL;DR:
- We are actively working on resolving crashes and minimize lag.
- A new anticheat is in in the works, but it's a complex project that takes time.
- We are still publishing new content updates because the current issues do not affect all development departments.

I hope this has shed some light on what's going on right now within the development team. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this post, I'll make sure to answer them all!

Have a great week.
NetherGames Development Team

Chr7st

Builder
Staff member
Builder
Well said! Its irrational to think that staff just wants lag and hates the players. Thanks for explaining it! Now I know, the more the lag, the better the update ;)

Reactions: CrispyBoi321

IngoingLynx2611

Hello everyone!

In recent times we've heard a number of complaints about different issues, and we wanted to address some of these community concerns and show you what we've been working on!

Server lag & crashes
This is probably the most mentioned issue - and we understand that it's frustrating. That said, we are actively working on resolving issues causing lag and crashes. These are mostly related to our latest technological achievements which are still in development. As it is, networking is a very complex topic with a lot of variables you have to control. When one of the variables changes, your whole system might collapse.
While the crashes are surely annoying (I experienced them myself in-game), they also help us getting closer to a better, more stable version of NetherGames.

Honestly, we wish we could. Sadly, there is no way to efficiently emulate the behavior of players. The only way to precisely find complex issues is by pushing them on our live servers, then trying to isolate and reproduce them locally to work on a solution.

Cheaters
I'm sure every staff member on NetherGames understands how frustrating it can be if a player flies over to your island and destroys your bed right when the game starts.
That said, developing a well-working anticheat isn't as easy as many might think. It's probably one of the most complex components of a server and needs to be compotent and precise while also being performance-efficient.
NetherGames has certain code-standards, and we do not want to serve you a half-working "reworked" anticheat. A new, more advanced anticheat is in the works and we'll keep everyone updated as development progresses!

New Games
A popular point of criticism is that we're releasing new game modes despite having the issues mentioned above.
From an outsiders view, that might be irrational: Why not put all developers on the pressing issues?
The answer is quite simple: They can't. Infrastructure developers aren't proficient in developing anticheats, and game developers are not trained to work on the proxy and infrastructure.
The current issues only affects certain departments, and while these departments are working on resolving issues, the other development departments will keep working so we don't get behind schedule!

TL;DR:
- A new anticheat is in in the works, but it's a complex project that takes time.
- We are still publishing new content updates because the current issues do not affect all development departments.

I hope this has shed some light on what's going on right now within the development team. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this post, I'll make sure to answer them all!

Have a great week.
good luck on anti cheat and crash fix have a wonderful day UwU

Crashes and stuff depend on if the servers are actual good servers and not potatoes with strings. Since there are only 8 servers, and NG disguises them as atleast 20 lobbies per server, with 100 players in each, the servers are obviously gonna get a lot of CPU and RAM usage, making them lag. I get how hard developing this server might be.

Hello everyone!

Server lag & crashes

Cheaters

New Games

TL;DR:

Have a great week.
noice, but what about the flooded suggestions channel.

TobiasDev

Senior Vice President - Development
Staff member
Senior Vice President
Developer
Applications Department

Crashes and stuff depend on if the servers are actual good servers and not potatoes with strings. Since there are only 8 servers, and NG disguises them as atleast 20 lobbies per server, with 100 players in each, the servers are obviously gonna get a lot of CPU and RAM usage, making them lag. I get how hard developing this server might be.
Sadly that is incorrect. First of all, we do not disguise anything, we simply differentiate between hardware servers and game servers. Second of all, the lobby servers are well able to handle average player counts with these resources without issues due to the amount of optimization we put into it.

I don’t see why a lobby sever would need 100% no lag when all you are doing is running around. As long as there is no chat lag and you can see players moving about, it’s fine.

Sadly that is incorrect. First of all, we do not disguise anything, we simply differentiate between hardware servers and game servers. Second of all, the lobby servers are well able to handle average player counts with these resources without issues due to the amount of optimization we put into it.
Yeah, I was talking about GAME lobbies tho, but alright.

Blaze blazing

Hello everyone!

Server lag & crashes

Cheaters

New Games

TL;DR:

Have a great week.
Ok .. but Can we talk abt the block lag.. for ap regions.. whenever u sprint bridge the 4th block always disappears.. this has been an issue.. for over 2yrs of me playin ng.. another thing what abt suggestions on Games? .. like the winstreak counter on bedwars.. its been asked for forever.. it takes barely any amt of days to Just Get a counter. But you just completeley ignore that and keep makin new games. Same goes for many more harmless suggestions.. thats all Lookin forward to better ng

hardcriminals

Well said! Its irrational to think that staff just wants lag and hates the players. Thanks for explaining it! Now I know, the more the lag, the better the update ;)
yeah lol ok but we still kinda have more lag but you dont see how laggy it is for some mobile players..

hardcriminals

Ok .. but Can we talk abt the block lag.. for ap regions.. whenever u sprint bridge the 4th block always disappears.. this has been an issue.. for over 2yrs of me playin ng.. another thing what abt suggestions on Games? .. like the winstreak counter on bedwars.. its been asked for forever.. it takes barely any amt of days to Just Get a counter. But you just completeley ignore that and keep makin new games. Same goes for many more harmless suggestions.. thats all Lookin forward to better ng
same coool

hardcriminals

ok thats accurate i think yeah what about the touch queing system and how it works because like maybe make so if a person jumpbridges in touch que they should get banned from touch que

hardcriminals

I hope everyone reads this and learn that it's not easy operating a server. Help us out by supporting us people. Work with us by reporting bugs and hackers. If you want to represent NetherGames, apply here https://ngmc.co/t.
yeah thats why i need a pizza yep pizza always solves everything anyway besides hackers will keep bypassing to ruin the game.....

SO what your saying is People should Buy ranks To support the Server!! For those better upgrades..Just saying!