A new playstyle of bedwars- Bedwars reimagined and new ways to play it

Good Morning! It is me, NeulingGames, back with another thread with my new ideas.

Bedwars was one of the oldest, the most classic, and the most popular minigame on NetherGames and pretty much everywhere else. I still enjoy this game, exploding beds into oblivion, cutting down dream stans one after the other, and wiping entire teams by myself and whatnot, but an issue that I have with bedwars all together:

TEAMMATES.

Unfortunately for me, I haven't got an invite to any guilds with quality teammates and people who are very good, but come on, this game is an old classic of Minecraft history! Surely my teammates had at least watched some other people being good at the game, right?

Right?

As I play more and more, it became obvious to me that the answer to that question is no. For example, when I play defense and just want to chill (totally not holding back my demonic reign of 9.5 squads kd and let them live to see the end of the world, btw, you don't want to check), random Steve called GAMERZ381NOTFOUNDINNIT69420 breaks all my glass second layer and replace them with terracotta. Not only do I hate terracotta for being ugly and inaccurate of its colors, I also hate it because it is already mid-game and nobody is rushing us, rendering this block completely useless. I franticly walk in front of him to stop him from breaking more, but he just heartlessly through my character and breaks everything. I had enough, so I bought a volley of fireballs and wool and break the remaining 2 beds after one team got rushed. And what did the Steve do by "defending"? Terracotta for 4 layers, buys dragon buff and not traps after the 2nd team is gone, accidentally fireballs on our own bed trying to get rid of a incoming player, and getting teamwiped because everyone is buying stuff. I have no choice but to 1v4 and win us the game. I reluctantly killed everyone and hop into another match, only to queue with the same guy again.

I mean sure, I can totally understand that people with a kd of 4-6 overall in this network can probably just 1v4v4v4, but that's not most of us. People can join a Discord call with their friends in a squad and communicate, and guilds with bedwars sweats who team up exists as well, but that still isn't the majority of what the Sqauds playerbase is doing. I could 1v4 an entire team, but bedwars Squads is a team game, and people need to cooperate.

Bottom line:
People need to know what they do and what their teammates do.

So, I have invented a system in my head about how this issue can be resolved, and hopefully positively impact the general playerbase at the same time.

Introducing- Bedwars Roles and Perks update!

1. UI

For this update to work, people must pick what they role they want. It will be represented as an enchanting table in the hotbar when joining the waiting lobby of a bedwars match.

屏幕截图(270).png

After they enter click the enchanting table, they will enter a chest UI with 4 different rows of items, each representing a role: Attacker, Defender, Artilleryman, and Collector.
屏幕截图(272).png

On clicking the paper next to the icon of the roles, the menu will automatically exit and message the player that you have selected the respective roles. When a teammate has already selected this role, your role will be randomly chose between you and your teammate(s) who has selected it. If you got the role, then your teammates will be randomly selected into another role which has not been picked. If there is only 1 person picking the role, then whoever picked it gets the role.

The bar to the right of the roles are the level you have on this role. The higher that you are on this level, the more perks that you'll get. You can only get perks from the role that you selected. All perks from previous levels will be activated when you unlocked a level higher than that.

Green Wool-You have finished this level.
Gold Block-You are currently on this level. (You can use perks on this level, when you upgrade on this role, the gold block will move to the right one block. Stop until level 5.)
Red Wool-You haven't unlocked this level yet.

2. Perks

Perks are different and unique for every role and could bring positive effects into play. While some include simply stat boosts and games of chances, others could be game-changing effects that would win the match.

I'll go through abilities of each level and role. There are currently only 5 levels at each role, and with every level up that you get, you unlock a new level which gives you more abilities until level 5.

Warrior

1. When outside of your own base, you gain Strength 1 for 3 seconds every time you hit an enemy. Un-stackable
  2. Your team will be able to buy an extra tier of Sharpened Swords which gives Sharpness 2 for all the swords, available for 12 diamonds.
  3. You have a 50% chance of not losing your sword on death.
  4. Being in a 20 block range of an ally gives you Regeneration 1 for 5 seconds. 60s CD.
  5. A new item will be added in the Utility section of the shop for Warriors exclusively, called Battle Horn. When clicked. Enemies in a 20 block radius will be gain Slowness and Weakness for 3 seconds. Allies in the area are given Speed 1 for 4 seconds.
Defender
  1. When you buy any sort of blocks, you will able to get 25% more of the quantity that you buy.
  2. When there are more than 2 enemies around your base(enough for trap to trigger), you will gain 2 extra hearts and Speed 1 for 30 seconds.
  3. Your sword will get Knockback 1 enchant permanently.
  4. Placing Wool will have a 5% chance of not consuming the block.
  5. A new item will be added in the Utility section of the shop for Defenders exclusively, called Compact Pop-up Platform. This item sells for 10 iron. Placing it will form a 5x5 platform made of wool.
Artilleryman
  1. All Utility and Ranged Items will be given a 15% discount. (Aside from potions)
  2. Potion effects will last 15 seconds longer for every ally in the nearest 20 blocks. (Including Regeneration and Absorption from Golden Apples)
  3. You have a 5% chance of not consuming a projectile. (Fireballs, Bridge Eggs, Pearls, Arrows, Bedbugs)
  4. Upon each bed broken by your team, the price of a Dream Defender will drop by 35 iron.
  5. A new item will be added in the Utility section of the shop for Artillerymen exclusively, called Gadget Shop. It can be bought with 12 gold. This is a nether star that will stay at the 9th slot of the Artilleryman's inventory. When clicked, opens a shop UI with 3 items. Ultra-Sonic TNT, priced at 5 emeralds, spawn 4 TNTs at a "+" shape formation and ignited immediately. Lava Bucket, charging 100 iron, will pour a bucket of lava. Cobra Toxin, bought with 8 gold, is a poison splash potion that will last for 8 seconds and dealing poison damage to anyone who got splashed by it. The Artilleryman can open this menu with 2 gold. 屏幕截图(274).png屏幕截图(275).png
Collector
  1. When collecting Diamonds and Emeralds, there will be a 50% to get an extra diamond/emerald. Only works if standing on the generator.
  2. All items receive a 25% discount. (Round to nearest number if there is a fraction)
  3. All team upgrades receive a 2 diamond discount. (Aside from 1st and 2nd trap and Heal Pool.)
  4. Generators in the base work at +25%/+50%/+75% when a game has been played for 5/10/20 minutes.
  5. An exclusive item will be added to the Utility section for Collectors exclusively, called the Piggy Bank for 1 emerald. When clicked, opens up a menu where Iron, Gold, Diamonds, and Emeralds can be put in and taken back out. The said amount of resources that was put in the bank will be gradually multiplied by 200%/150%/100%/75% (Iron/Gold/Diamonds/Emeralds) after 4 minutes. In those 4 minutes, the bank is closed and is unable to be opened. Once the 3 minute timer is up, all the resources will be transported to the public team chest. The bank has a maximum capacity of 128/48/15/5 Iron/Gold/Diamonds/Emeralds, all at the same time for one banking session.屏幕截图(277).png屏幕截图(276).png

3. Gameplay

Saying that this system is complicated would be an understatement. There are so many things to consider about this new system that it would be hard for anyone to play at first. Here is how an ideal game of bedwars, with the new system, will go:

Everyone walks into generator and gives the Warrior first four iron. Everyone else wait for 24 iron to start defending the base while Collector and Warrior bridges to Emeralds and Diamonds.

After Artilleryman got enough resources from Collector, Artilleryman and Warrior attacks a base. Meanwhile, Defender should get at least 3rd layer bed defense done and Collector keeps getting diamonds and emeralds for perks and banking.

If the attack was successful, the attacking players collect all the resources from their enemy base and go back to refresh gear. Collector's bank should be just enough to support a massive push towards another team. This time, all 4 players rush another squad with 1 person clearing all the traps and abilities from other players, then, using damage output from the Artilleryman and Warrior, Collector and Defender could take out the bed, leading to a successful teamwipe. Rinse and repeat until the game is won.

Of course, being a sandbox game, this can go many ways, with different ideals on how to play. The main idea of this update is to not let people feel like they are limited to one thing, but instead get the feeling of "Hey, although attacking while being a defender works, it will be better if I just stick with my role. I get all the perks anyways, so why not use them? It will also be clear to my teammates that I'll be taking care of defense and not attacking."

Honestly, I have no idea how anything will work out if this is actually implemented in an update. There will be metas, balances, playstyles, and overall just a new, fresh and possibly chaotic way of bedwars.

Well, what do you think? Is this too overloaded? Is this a good idea for bedwars? What are your thoughts if you can add/replace an ability? Please let me know, as this was a fairly basic concept and not that developed. I would love to hear all your suggestions on what should be and what shouldn't be added.

Thank you for listening to my suggestions forum post,

NeulingGames, signing off.

Reactions: RedPikNik

a 1ron Golem

Good Morning! It is me, NeulingGames, back with another thread with my new ideas.

Bedwars was one of the oldest, the most classic, and the most popular minigame on NetherGames and pretty much everywhere else. I still enjoy this game, exploding beds into oblivion, cutting down dream stans one after the other, and wiping entire teams by myself and whatnot, but an issue that I have with bedwars all together:

TEAMMATES.

Unfortunately for me, I haven't got an invite to any guilds with quality teammates and people who are very good, but come on, this game is an old classic of Minecraft history! Surely my teammates had at least watched some other people being good at the game, right?

Right?

As I play more and more, it became obvious to me that the answer to that question is no. For example, when I play defense and just want to chill (totally not holding back my demonic reign of 9.5 squads kd and let them live to see the end of the world, btw, you don't want to check), random Steve called GAMERZ381NOTFOUNDINNIT69420 breaks all my glass second layer and replace them with terracotta. Not only do I hate terracotta for being ugly and inaccurate of its colors, I also hate it because it is already mid-game and nobody is rushing us, rendering this block completely useless. I franticly walk in front of him to stop him from breaking more, but he just heartlessly through my character and breaks everything. I had enough, so I bought a volley of fireballs and wool and break the remaining 2 beds after one team got rushed. And what did the Steve do by "defending"? Terracotta for 4 layers, buys dragon buff and not traps after the 2nd team is gone, accidentally fireballs on our own bed trying to get rid of a incoming player, and getting teamwiped because everyone is buying stuff. I have no choice but to 1v4 and win us the game. I reluctantly killed everyone and hop into another match, only to queue with the same guy again.

I mean sure, I can totally understand that people with a kd of 4-6 overall in this network can probably just 1v4v4v4, but that's not most of us. People can join a Discord call with their friends in a squad and communicate, and guilds with bedwars sweats who team up exists as well, but that still isn't the majority of what the Sqauds playerbase is doing. I could 1v4 an entire team, but bedwars Squads is a team game, and people need to cooperate.

Bottom line:

So, I have invented a system in my head about how this issue can be resolved, and hopefully positively impact the general playerbase at the same time.

1. UI

For this update to work, people must pick what they role they want. It will be represented as an enchanting table in the hotbar when joining the waiting lobby of a bedwars match.

View attachment 10177

After they enter click the enchanting table, they will enter a chest UI with 4 different rows of items, each representing a role: Attacker, Defender, Artilleryman, and Collector.
View attachment 10183

On clicking the paper next to the icon of the roles, the menu will automatically exit and message the player that you have selected the respective roles. When a teammate has already selected this role, your role will be randomly chose between you and your teammate(s) who has selected it. If you got the role, then your teammates will be randomly selected into another role which has not been picked. If there is only 1 person picking the role, then whoever picked it gets the role.

The bar to the right of the roles are the level you have on this role. The higher that you are on this level, the more perks that you'll get. You can only get perks from the role that you selected. All perks from previous levels will be activated when you unlocked a level higher than that.

Gold Block-You are currently on this level. (You can use perks on this level, when you upgrade on this role, the gold block will move to the right one block. Stop until level 5.)

2. Perks

Perks are different and unique for every role and could bring positive effects into play. While some include simply stat boosts and games of chances, others could be game-changing effects that would win the match.

I'll go through abilities of each level and role. There are currently only 5 levels at each role, and with every level up that you get, you unlock a new level which gives you more abilities until level 5.

Warrior

1. When outside of your own base, you gain Strength 1 for 3 seconds every time you hit an enemy. Un-stackable
  2. Your team will be able to buy an extra tier of Sharpened Swords which gives Sharpness 2 for all the swords, available for 12 diamonds.
  4. Being in a 20 block range of an ally gives you Regeneration 1 for 5 seconds. 60s CD.
  5. A new item will be added in the Utility section of the shop for Warriors exclusively, called Battle Horn. When clicked. Enemies in a 20 block radius will be gain Slowness and Weakness for 3 seconds. Allies in the area are given Speed 1 for 4 seconds.
Defender
  1. When you buy any sort of blocks, you will able to get 25% more of the quantity that you buy.
  2. When there are more than 2 enemies around your base(enough for trap to trigger), you will gain 2 extra hearts and Speed 1 for 30 seconds.
  5. A new item will be added in the Utility section of the shop for Defenders exclusively, called Compact Pop-up Platform. This item sells for 10 iron. Placing it will form a 5x5 platform made of wool.
Artilleryman
  1. All Utility and Ranged Items will be given a 15% discount. (Aside from potions)
  2. Potion effects will last 15 seconds longer for every ally in the nearest 20 blocks. (Including Regeneration and Absorption from Golden Apples)
  3. You have a 5% chance of not consuming a projectile. (Fireballs, Bridge Eggs, Pearls, Arrows, Bedbugs)
  4. Upon each bed broken by your team, the price of a Dream Defender will drop by 35 iron.
  5. A new item will be added in the Utility section of the shop for Artillerymen exclusively, called Gadget Shop. It can be bought with 12 gold. This is a nether star that will stay at the 9th slot of the Artilleryman's inventory. When clicked, opens a shop UI with 3 items. Ultra-Sonic TNT, priced at 5 emeralds, spawn 4 TNTs at a "+" shape formation and ignited immediately. Lava Bucket, charging 100 iron, will pour a bucket of lava. Cobra Toxin, bought with 8 gold, is a poison splash potion that will last for 8 seconds and dealing poison damage to anyone who got splashed by it. The Artilleryman can open this menu with 2 gold. View attachment 10186View attachment 10185
Collector
  1. When collecting Diamonds and Emeralds, there will be a 50% to get an extra diamond/emerald. Only works if standing on the generator.
  2. All items receive a 25% discount. (Round to nearest number if there is a fraction)
  3. All team upgrades receive a 2 diamond discount. (Aside from 1st and 2nd trap and Heal Pool.)
  4. Generators in the base work at +25%/+50%/+75% when a game has been played for 5/10/20 minutes.
  5. An exclusive item will be added to the Utility section for Collectors exclusively, called the Piggy Bank for 1 emerald. When clicked, opens up a menu where Iron, Gold, Diamonds, and Emeralds can be put in and taken back out. The said amount of resources that was put in the bank will be gradually multiplied by 200%/150%/100%/75% (Iron/Gold/Diamonds/Emeralds) after 4 minutes. In those 4 minutes, the bank is closed and is unable to be opened. Once the 3 minute timer is up, all the resources will be transported to the public team chest. The bank has a maximum capacity of 128/48/15/5 Iron/Gold/Diamonds/Emeralds, all at the same time for one banking session.View attachment 10188View attachment 10189

3. Gameplay

Saying that this system is complicated would be an understatement. There are so many things to consider about this new system that it would be hard for anyone to play at first. Here is how an ideal game of bedwars, with the new system, will go:

Everyone walks into generator and gives the Warrior first four iron. Everyone else wait for 24 iron to start defending the base while Collector and Warrior bridges to Emeralds and Diamonds.

After Artilleryman got enough resources from Collector, Artilleryman and Warrior attacks a base. Meanwhile, Defender should get at least 3rd layer bed defense done and Collector keeps getting diamonds and emeralds for perks and banking.

If the attack was successful, the attacking players collect all the resources from their enemy base and go back to refresh gear. Collector's bank should be just enough to support a massive push towards another team. This time, all 4 players rush another squad with 1 person clearing all the traps and abilities from other players, then, using damage output from the Artilleryman and Warrior, Collector and Defender could take out the bed, leading to a successful teamwipe. Rinse and repeat until the game is won.

Of course, being a sandbox game, this can go many ways, with different ideals on how to play. The main idea of this update is to not let people feel like they are limited to one thing, but instead get the feeling of "Hey, although attacking while being a defender works, it will be better if I just stick with my role. I get all the perks anyways, so why not use them? It will also be clear to my teammates that I'll be taking care of defense and not attacking."

Honestly, I have no idea how anything will work out if this is actually implemented in an update. There will be metas, balances, playstyles, and overall just a new, fresh and possibly chaotic way of bedwars.

Well, what do you think? Is this too overloaded? Is this a good idea for bedwars? What are your thoughts if you can add/replace an ability? Please let me know, as this was a fairly basic concept and not that developed. I would love to hear all your suggestions on what should be and what shouldn't be added.

Really good ideas here. This shouldn't be implemented instead of Bedwars, it could be a mode kind of like "Ultimates" on Hypixel, where players can pick their specific abilities.

TheInsaneRazor

Crew
Staff member
Crew

Post this thread in the Suggestion category of the forums since this is an idea. I don't like this idea of kits and stuff. The system gameplay is too complex. This sounds more of a PvE minigame more than a PvP minigame. I don't really like these type of games to be honest.

trontalk

Post this thread in the Suggestion category of the forums since this is an idea. I don't like this idea of kits and stuff. The system gameplay is too complex. This sounds more of a PvE minigame more than a PvP minigame. I don't really like these type of games to be honest.
oi razer, read my appeal i was hacked, i hope i did not send you malicious links i will just start over ya know?

TheInsaneRazor

Crew
Staff member
Crew

oi razer, read my appeal i was hacked, i hope i did not send you malicious links i will just start over ya know?
Only people from the Appeals & Disputes Division are in charge of lifting punishments from players and can view people's appeals. Crews and Trainees don't have permission to see any.

trontalk

Only people from the Appeals & Disputes Division are in charge of lifting punishments from players and can view people's appeals. Crews and Trainees don't have permission to see any.
Thanks for the info but can you dm me on discord I need advice on what to do :eek:

TEAMMATES.

Right?

Bottom line:

1. UI

View attachment 10177

View attachment 10183

2. Perks

Warrior

Defender
Artilleryman
  5. A new item will be added in the Utility section of the shop for Artillerymen exclusively, called Gadget Shop. It can be bought with 12 gold. This is a nether star that will stay at the 9th slot of the Artilleryman's inventory. When clicked, opens a shop UI with 3 items. Ultra-Sonic TNT, priced at 5 emeralds, spawn 4 TNTs at a "+" shape formation and ignited immediately. Lava Bucket, charging 100 iron, will pour a bucket of lava. Cobra Toxin, bought with 8 gold, is a poison splash potion that will last for 8 seconds and dealing poison damage to anyone who got splashed by it. The Artilleryman can open this menu with 2 gold. View attachment 10186View attachment 10185
Collector
  5. An exclusive item will be added to the Utility section for Collectors exclusively, called the Piggy Bank for 1 emerald. When clicked, opens up a menu where Iron, Gold, Diamonds, and Emeralds can be put in and taken back out. The said amount of resources that was put in the bank will be gradually multiplied by 200%/150%/100%/75% (Iron/Gold/Diamonds/Emeralds) after 4 minutes. In those 4 minutes, the bank is closed and is unable to be opened. Once the 3 minute timer is up, all the resources will be transported to the public team chest. The bank has a maximum capacity of 128/48/15/5 Iron/Gold/Diamonds/Emeralds, all at the same time for one banking session.View attachment 10188View attachment 10189

3. Gameplay

cool

Really good ideas here. This shouldn't be implemented instead of Bedwars, it could be a mode kind of like "Ultimates" on Hypixel, where players can pick their specific abilities.
Yeah, I was thinking that this is more along the lines of a limited time gamemode and not a huge overhaul to bedwars itself

Loved2181

Hello neulling,

I would like to have this but thing is that people would like to take roles then people who want the taken role would be stuck with a another role which they wont like... and also

Grindelwald4585

This THE BEST bedwars update I can think of, it would improve gameplay soooo much. I to have had bad experiences with uncooperative team-mates who think smashing hard work is fine (Someone actually did it with obi for me once: they replaced obi with wool), so full steam ahead I say-- if the staff are ok with it and if it isn't too chaotic for them.:+1):mc_133-0::mc_133-0::mc_133-0:

Loved2181

Tbh the games become less PvP and its more about like. A league of legends type of game so people who play more get better updates and the people who play less are most likely to be clobbered

randomperson2

Tbh the games become less PvP and its more about like. A league of legends type of game so people who play more get better updates and the people who play less are most likely to be clobbered
it depends on if the iq of nons have increased or not if not then I’ll be alright when I return at christmas