The NetherGames Network ("NetherGames","we","us","our") collects data from its members and users in order to provide a service to its users (including, but not limited to, Minecraft server gameplay and forums usage).
Data collected from our users and players of our Minecraft server network is stored in our database, which is located in Montreal, Canada - hosted by OVH HEBERGEMENT INC.
Crisp IM SARL ("Crisp") - support service operator, more information regarding Crisp below - stores user data in Europe. The Crisp core infrastructure is hosted in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The Crisp plugin infrastructure is hosted in Frankfurt, Germany. Most of the user data is stored in The Netherlands.
Data we require and collect include:
- Your username
- Your password (encrypted using strong hashing mechanisms)
- Your email address
- Your IP address
- Your date of birth (forums service only)
- Your Minecraft client ID (a numeric string that identifies your device’s Minecraft application, Minecraft server network only)
- Your UUID (a unique identifier generated by the server that is used to identify users, Minecraft server network only)
- Your XUID (a unique identifier generated by Xbox that is used to identify users)
- In-game data (including kills, deaths, wins, XP [experience] or levels, first & last join date & time, Minecraft client version, device information [type and version]) - Minecraft server network only
- Your actions, or actions relating to you (a player you "kill", when and how you "died", when and why you were punished by a staff member, what you post or edit on the forums, when you register or login, etc.)
Optional data users may choose to add include:
- Social media profiles (to login or display on profile page) to forums accounts
Additional data collected from staff members:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Parent/guardian signature if under 18, their signature if over 18
Crisp, on behalf of NetherGames, collects the following data:
- Your email address (user-entered, not collected automatically without consent)
- Your IP address
- Your device and browser data (e.g. Chrome on Windows)
- Your browsing history (on NetherGames or Crisp websites only)
- Content you’re viewing on NetherGames or Crisp websites in real-time
When you purchase a product through our web-store (store.nethergames.org), PayPal collects the following data:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your bank account or credit card details (if not using PayPal balance)
- Your physical address
When logging in to our web portals (account.nethergames.org, staff.nethergames.org, store.nethergames.org), the following information is collected from Discord and Xbox Live for the purpose of authentication only:
- Your Xbox Live gamertag (in-game username)
- Other accounts connected to your Discord account (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- Your Discord account ID username & discriminator, avatar hash, email address, email verification status, user flags and Nitro status
PayPal provides us with the following details - full name, email, and address. We log these on our servers in order to verify purchases. This information may also be used to resolve a dispute you have with us made through PayPal, your bank or credit card provider or in a court of law.
Usernames and email addresses collected by NetherGames through its forums service (forums.nethergames.org) may be shared to Crisp IM SARL, who operates the live chat and support service for NetherGames (support.nethergames.org, [email protected], direct messages to @NetherGamesMC on Twitter & Facebook, direct messages to @NetherGamesBot on Telegram and "chatboxes" on NetherGames websites) in order to provide better and more personalised support to users should they choose to use our support service. No other data or personal information (e.g. IP addresses, passwords, etc.) is shared with any other third-parties.
Email addresses collected by NetherGames and are used to send the following types of emails:
- Notification emails: mainly sent by our forums service. If you reply to or post a thread/conversation, you’re most likely to receive email notifications if somebody replies to that thread/conversation as well. You can opt-out of these at anytime using a link sent along with these emails.
- Password reset emails: sent on request by our forums service or accounts service. These emails are sent only on request.
- Purchase receipt emails: these are sent when you purchase a product from our store. It includes what products you’ve bought and a transaction ID you can quote when we require it.
- News/promotional emails: sent when we would like to tell our users about a new product, community information or other updates. You can opt-out of these at anytime using a link sent along with these emails.
- Important announcement emails: these are sent when we have an important announcement to make (e.g. in the unlikely event of a data breach). Receiving these emails are compulsory and we are required to send them by law to notify users about data or security breaches.
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which covers all users located in the European Economic Area (EEA) and comes into effect on the 25th May 2018, all forums users have the ability to unsubscribe or stop receiving notification emails regarding new threads or posts through a one-step link in a notification email or through the forums website.
All users give explicit consent for their data they submit to NetherGames to be used in ways as listed above by registering for our forums service (forums.nethergames.org) or for an account on all NetherGames Minecraft servers.
Users, under the GDPR, are also entitled to request their data to be removed from all our databases and storage systems managed by NetherGames. If you wish to do so, please read Section 7 of this Policy.
NetherGames takes appropriate steps to protect user data. These include restricting access to sensitive data like IP and email addresses to trusted staff members. Passwords and credentials collected and stored by us are encrypted using a strong hashing mechanism (whirlpool). Furthermore, we also ensure the security of our servers through implementing strong security checks and firewalls.
In order to use services offered by NetherGames, you must be at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use our services.
NetherGames respects the privacy all users through implementing the following measures:
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected (as outlined in this Policy)
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information to the best of our ability by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
NetherGames is required by law to provide users in the European Economic Area (EEA) the means of erasing or retrieving all their records from databases and storage systems managed by us (this includes the Crisp user database). If you would like your data and information wiped from all our databases, or would like a copy of all your data stored by us, please contact the administrator through email - [email protected] During this process, we reserve the right to ask you for the appropriate details required to do so (this includes credentials). These details will not be stored.
NetherGames reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time without prior notice. It is advised, that from time to time, you check this Policy again. That being said, we do take the reasonable steps to notify all our users about changes to any policies or our terms and conditions.
If you have any questions regarding user data, its collection or user privacy, please contact NetherGames Support - [email protected]